C h a p t e r~T w e n t y N i n e

Previously on PJD:

"Percy! What's wrong?" I cry out, grabbing his hand and putting a hand on his chest to keep him still. Not responding he pushes my hands away and groans again, clutching his head.

"Percy...?" I whisper. He just looks up at me, confused and almost angry. I flinch back, not knowing what is going on.

"Who are you, and how do you know my name?" He says.

_____________________

Piper's POV

It's been two more days. Jason's gotten even worse. Three days Annabeth and Percy have been dead now.

Jason can't get up, he just passes out from the pain. It's happened multiple times now. I tell myself to stay strong, he will make it. He WILL. He's Jason, survived a stapler to the mouth, a brick to the head during training, and an electric shock from the control room when something exploded on him. That's how he got his nickname.

He can survive a gunshot in his chest.

The doctor said it missed his heart, and the bullet went through him so they wouldn't have to remove it. I sit next to his bed holding his hand. He's no longer on so much medicine anymore. I haven't left his side, and only to go to the bathroom and get the occasional muffin or bring some dauntless cake to him.

He's been asleep for hours, and his eyes slowly flutter open.

"Sparky, you okay?" I whisper. He groans and tries to sit up, getting halfway there and then failing miserably.

I push him back down my his arm gently, and he winces.

"Pipes, you don't have to stay here forever. At some point-" I know what he is going to say and I slap a hand over his mouth. His eyes widen.

"No Jason. Don't even say. You will live and I will make sure of it," I say sternly and he just nods and starts to close his eyes again.

"Jason please don't go back to sleep yet, I want to talk to you more," I plead. He opens his eyes again, and coughs, causing him to cry out in pain, sending a shudder through him. He groans and I squeeze his hand.

"Jason! Are you okay?" I cry out in alarm. He just nods his head slowly, and takes deep breaths. Then he slowly and very carefully moves over in his bed, wincing, and pats the bed, motioning for me to lay next to him. I smile a little and lay next to him. I hold his hand and close my eyes, listening to the steady beat of his heart monitor.

Beep beep beep

Beep beep beep

Beep beep beep

"I love you Pipes," he sighs, and I hear something in his voice, like he was done. Letting himself go. I didn't know what it meant.

"I love you too, Jason," I smile and start to drift off before I hear the sounds of people rushing in and my eyes snap open.

Beep beep

Beep

Beep

Beep beep

Beep....

Silence

I scream as I am pushed off the bed. I scramble to my feet and try to push past all the nurses, sobbing uncontrollably. I feel a dauntless leader grab me by my arms and pull me away. I scream and thrash. I need to see my Jason. Then I realize. His last words.

"I love you Pipes." They echo all around me while I am dragged out the doors. Before they close I scream.

"The electric heart starters! Electricity!" I scream as loud as possible. I hear doctors yelling the same thing after I am gone. I am sobbing more than I have ever, feeling more pain than if I was being shot by guns over and over and over again.

The leader stop carrying me and stands me up and I see it's not a leader.

It's Hazel. Hazel wraps me in a hug and we cry together. Cry our eyes out for everyone. She takes me to the bunker, where everyone is, on their beds. The dauntless borns had moved in with us after all. Standing in front of them was Matthew, another dauntless leader. He was making sure no was was to leave. Hazel and I enter the room, Hazel's tears dried, but me still sobbing. Instantly everyone was around us.

"What happened?"

"Are you okay?"

"What's wrong?"

"The hell?"

"Piper what-?"

Suddenly Thalia shoves everyone aside and grabs my shoulder and looks into my wet and red puffy eyes.

"He didn't-" she looks at me as I nod and she sobs to, but then her sobs turn to yells, and she tries to run past Micheal. He pushes her back, but she yells in anger and punches him, taking the moment of surprise from him to run down the hall and towards the infirmary. We all stay where we are, unsure what to do, but I keep crying. So does Leo, Nico, and everyone else who knew him pretty well.

"Eight of us," Frank whispers, tears trailing down his cheeks silently. Suddenly Thalia bursts back into the room screaming and crying. I run to her to hug her but she shoves me away and I realize that she's grinning and her tears are tears of joy.

Yes. Please be what I think it is.

"Jason is alive!" She screeches. And we all push past Michael and put of the bunker.

Welcome for not killing him 😉😘

I just couldn't bring myself to do it guys :(

Or could I....

-Amber❤️