C h a p t e r~F i f t y T h r e e

Previously on PJD:

"I love you so much Hazel," Frank whispers. The rest of us leave to give them time alone. We walk downstairs and into the kitchen where Piper and Calypso are making tomato soup for Hazel.

"Guys, we have to make a promise to each other. Everyone has each others backs, no matter the situation. We're all in this together, no one else can get hurt," I say. Everyone nods and mutters a promise.

"No more death, no more hurting," I whisper.

Oh, if only I had known what was going to happen later.

_____________________

Percy's POV

I wake up and all the memories come flooding back from last night. I groan and roll out of bed, and land with a thump on the floor. That wakes Annabeth up fast and she bolts up and turns around looking at me.

"Percy are you okay?" She asks. I am still wrapped up in the red sheets.

"Just not...was last night...oh my gods..." I say, not being able to decide what to say. Annabeth just starts laughing.

"Seaweed Brain, its fine. Celeste and Chase said it happened to Chase before too," she says. I just groan and try to untangle myself from the sheets. Once I do I stand up and start changing in the the same outfit, but clean.

"Annabeth, whoever this Chaos guy is, do you think he will come to Amity? I don't want anyone else getting hurt because of us," I whisper, taking my dirty shirt off, revealing scars from so many different things.

"Seaweed Brain, whoever he is, you can take him. I know you can, you the best Dauntless I've ever seen, and you'll be a legend someday," Annabeth whisper, walking towards me. I kiss her and wrap my arms around her. She does the same to me. Her hands are warm on my bare back, and I kiss her harder.

"I love you Wise Girl," I whisper when we pull apart. She smiles.

"I love you too, Seaweed Brain," she whispers back. We finished getting dressed and walk over to the next room. We open the door to see Will, Chase, and Celeste all sitting on their beds, talking quietly.

"Percy, how are you feeling? They told me what happened," Will says. I blush deep red, embarrassed. Celeste bursts out laughing.

"It's fine Percy, it wasn't you fault, we should've warned you faster," she says between giggles. I roll my eyes.

"So what's on the agenda today?" I ask. Then Annabeth slaps me.

"Nothing until we find out what Chase and Celeste were talking about yesterday!" She says. Celeste and Chase share a look, then stare at their feet.

"It's just...we don't know a ton about it, but we'll explain," Chase says. He looks at Celeste, and she groans.

"Why can't you?" She asks him. He shrugs and she takes a deep breath.

"So, Chase and I came here from dauntless because we were on the run from Chaos, who was a partner with Kronos. They worked side by side until Kronos discovered that Chaos was divergent, so he threw him out. Chaos got really angry, so he thought that if he was divergent and he was kicked out of his home faction, then no other divergent should live," Celeste says, pausing.

"Then why Percy? Why mainly you and not Chase?" Annabeth asks. Celeste sighs.

"Well, Chaos got bored killing off divergent, and he realized that that was what Kronos wanted. So he found a new target. Something very rare. Only one in 10,000 children, meaning one about each year, inherits something called being Xenos. Mainly from one of their parents. It happens when both of your parents are Divergent, or if one of your parents is Xenos. It makes you three times stronger than a divergent, and two times stronger as a human. So Chaos is hunting us, you and I Percy. Kronos has no idea that being Xenos exists, only us and Chaos. There are very very few left in the world," Celeste says pausing again.

"Oh my gods..." I whisper.

"But...how did someone first become Xenos?" Annabeth asks.

"The Erudite tried to develop someone who could resist all serums, and it half worked. After, they killed the Xenos. Or so they thought. The Xenos was so powerful they resisted the death serum and escaped. And from then on..."

"Here we are," I finish. Celeste nods.

"So...somewhere along the line you two are related?" Annabeth asks. Celeste just nods.

"And Chase, your just divergent, right?" Annabeth asks. Chase nods, and something in his expression is relief yet pity for Celeste.

"What does Xenos mean?" I ask. Annabeth answers for me.

"It's Greek for "outsider" or "foreign"" she says. Celeste looks at her strangely.

"How did you know that?" Chase asks. Annabeth taps her forehead.

"Books," she replies. Celeste nods. I sit on the empty bed next to Annabeth and lay back, groaning.

"So how much danger is Percy in?" Annabeth asks, holding my hand tightly. Celeste grimaces and Chase grits his teeth together.

"More than you could imagine," Chase says coldly. Then Celeste mutters something under her breath.

"What?" Annabeth asks. Celeste mutters the same thing again but we still can't hear. Annabeth asks what again. Then we hear her loud and clear.

"Percy, we're going to die."

Oh sheit.

-Amber❤️