C h a p t e r~F i f t y F i v e

Percy's POV

"Stop," Annabeth says. After Celeste told us that we were going to most likely die, the whole world seemed to go silent. Then Annabeth choked up.

"If I'm not Xenos, then why did I survive the death serum?" she asks. Chase just shakes his head.

"Simple. It wasn't the death serum," he says. Annabeth furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"Then what was it?" I ask. Chase just shrugs.

"It could've been anything. Who knows, one of the Erudite scientists could've been helping you or something. There's a few there who are helping the factionless out from the inside," he says. He says it in such a calm manner I almost get angry.

"Guys..." Will says quietly and staring at the window in horror. We all look and the window is empty. Nothing is there. 

"Is there something wrong?" Asks Annabeth. Will just gulps and then we hear a single knock on the door. The lights in our room start to flicker, until we are left in darkness. Celeste gets up and heads towards the door slowly.

"Princessa, what are you-" Chase is cut off when Celeste opens the door and a hand clamps over her mouth. The last we see of her is her being dragged out the door and into the hallway. The door slams shut and Chase runs to the door. We all follow him and try the handle. It's locked from the outside.

"What the hell?" Chase cries. Will is still on his bed. We all continuously bang on the door trying to knock it down. Then I have an idea. If I really am stronger than I think...

Annabeth seems to have the same idea.

"Chase, let Percy knock down the door," Annabeth says. Chase ignores her but stop pounding.

"No. I'm not letting her go again," he mutters, and with one big punch he breaks the door down. I raise my eyebrows but we are sprinting down the hallway. Then there is a shout and a cry, female.

"This way!" Chase yells, and we get stares from many Amity who are early risers. I am surprised we are not stopped by a leader. Then we are at a ladder. The lights in the hall flicker and go dark suddenly. Chase keeps running but Annabeth pulls him back and points up the ladder, and he nods. She starts climbing followed by Chase and then me.

We arrive on the roof and look around. No one is there. Chase yells and stomps the ground hard. Then we hear a deep voice behind us.

"Looking for Miss Bellissimo?" It says. We whip around with our guns ready that we keep constantly on us, even though they are forbidden from Amity.

"Let her go, Chaos," Chase snarls. The man-Chaos-is in a dark cloak that hides his face and features.

"Mr Forte, how do you know that I myself am Chaos?" Chaos says. Chase grits his teeth together. I feel something inside me tightening like a rubber band with anger-yet it's different.

"Because your the only asshole who calls us by our last names, our memories of our parents," he growls. Chaos laughs a throaty laugh, I almost cover my ears, and the rubber band seems to tighten.

"Mr Forte, I'll let Miss Bellissimo go if-" Chaos starts but I decide to finish his sentence for him.

"They give you me," I say. You can feel Chaos's evil grin spreading behind his cloak. The rubber bands stretches in its final moments.

"Correct Mr Jackson. And unless you want everyone to die, just like your mother-" Chaos starts but the rubber band snaps completely, and chaos erupts. Something inside me birds and I run towards Chaos and shoot him, somehow missing. It soars over his head but he flinched long enough for Celeste to burst away and into Chase's arms.

Chaos roars and it feels like the rubber band is tightening again, yet worse. It's like pain now. I grab Chaos's cloak and attempt to yank it off, reveal his hideous features underneath. It is stuck and I don't care. I shoot him in the arm and he yells out. Instantly he is up and running at me. He tackles me to the ground and punches me hard, but that rubber band snaps again and the pain is gone. I fling him off and push him away.

Chaos immediately gets up and runs towards me. I get ready to tackle him but he runs by me and towards Annabeth. I whirl around and run faster than ever towards him, stepping on his cloak. It comes off as he runs towards her, but I tackle him off the roof and we go tumbling down. I get a glimpse of his face and almost pass out. I recognize it immediately.

Luke.

I have no words.

I am sorry.

But you'll find out soon enough ;)

-Amber❤️