C h a p t e r~T w e n t y T w o

Previously on PJD:

"How the hell did this idiot find this place. Why him?" She yells the last part.

"Um, I'm awake and right here, sunshine," I say, groaning and sitting up. She scoffs.

"Did I say I cared?" She says, and she walks off, and grabs a piece of pizza from a box on her table. "Oh, and don't even think of eating anything without my permission," she says, waking outside. Through the small makeshift window I see her in her garden and she is tending to some purple flowers.

I don't care at the moment, so I go back to sleep.

_____________________

Percy's POV

I hear Annabeth cry out and see behind us, Rachel, dragging the dead body of Luke. She stares us down, but doesn't attack, and instead points her gun at Annabeth. I cry out as she pulls the trigger, and I immediately jump in front of her. But all that comes out is a big puff of black smoke that chokes us, and leaves the room cloudy. I grab Annabeth and drag her out.

"We need to get her! Why did she kill Luke?" Annabeth yells. I try to yell back but then see Rachel running with Luke's body.

I run after her, Annabeth right on my tail. I scream for Rachel to stop but she wouldn't. What was going on?

"Percy stop! Look!" Annabeth yells. I stop and look where she is pointing. In front of us is Ethan, in all his disgusting body piercing glory.

"And who might you be running off with?" He snarls at me.

"Let us past Ethan! Please there's-just please! Someone's running down the hall with a dead Luke!" I blurt out. He lets out a roaring laugh so I run up to me, and punch him in the face, knocking him out cold. Annabeth gasps, but we just run.

"Percy what the hell was that-"

"Never mind Annabeth! We need to find out where Rachel went!" I yell. Suddenly we hear a clang of a knife in the room next to us, so we spin on our heels and run in the room. What we see surprises us more than anything we've ever seen. Octavian is locked in combat with-a teddy bear?

He is stabbing it like a dummy and ripping the guts out. Then I realize it's my old teddy bear from when I was a kid. How he got it is a mystery but...

Annabeth and I stand there, our mouths open in shock, until Octavia glances up at us, a grin on his face. We run out of the room and back down the hall. Rachel is no where in sight. We burst out of the compound and into the light. We see Rachel running with Luke towards the moving train. I get an idea when I see a water tower up above us.

I concentrate really hard and aim my gun at it, and I shoot. It hits the water tower, and it explodes, showering the train and soaking the people inside. The whole ground is flooded and Rachel is swept away with Luke. We sprint over to them and wade through the water towards them, and we each put a gun to Rachel's head. She just smiles, and laughs.

"You've got the wrong girl, you do realize that this wasn't my doing. It was my job to collect, not do the actual killing. He wasn't good enough for Lord, he just wasn't. Plus, he was divergent, gonna be killed anyway," Rachel says. I stiffen. "Poor Percy, I know your going to be killed too, and you friends know it too, it was so obvious!" She practically cackles. I stiffen more, feeling light headed. Suddenly, Rachel grabs my gun. She points it at her head, and fires, instantly dead. Annabeth screams.

I stumble back, looking at the two dead criminals. Annabeth and I grab hands and flee, leaving them. We run into the compound and run to a waking Ethan. He is about to strangle me when Annabeth tells him that Luke and Rachel are dead. He runs after us, as we lead him to where they lay, the gun in Rachel's hand, the bullet in her forehead.

Soon a crowd has gathered.

"Move out of the way-what happened?" Yells Chelsi, the basic head leader of dauntless. Rachel was an old friend to her. She kneels over her, and Annabeth explains about the 'lord' Rachel was taking orders from, and Chelsi just shakes her head.

"That bull, someone find out the mystery we need our best dauntless detectives! Check the cameras! Everything!" She screams and runs off. Rachel and Luke are carried away.

I grab Annabeths hand again and we run back to the compound where we immediately check on Jason and Piper, who are both in the infirmary, Jason holding Piper's hand as she lies sleeping with a cast around her leg.

We head to the bunker after and immediately fall asleep, until everyone gets back and we wonder, where the hell is Leo?