C h a p t e r~S i x t y S i x

Previously on PJD:

"Third door on your right. In a closet is a door to a secret room with an emergency exit," Piper whispers through it. We follow her instructions, and enter the room and into the closet and into another small gray room with everyone else in it. Expect they are all tied to chairs and their eyes wide with fear.

"Behind you! It was a trap! We got caught!" Leo yells quickly.

We all spun around see the four council members. Of course. But they are all pointing guns at us.

"Going somewhere, you all?" Sneers none other than Max.

_____________________

Percy's POV

I knew this was the moment. The moment where Annabeth had to make it out alive, along with the rest of them.

*flashback*

Chase and I sit in the room from Amity while the girls are gone doing whatever girls do when they are together. Will and Nico are gone right now, so it's just the two of us.

"Chase...I need to tell you something," I say, hoping he will be with me on this.

"Yeah Perce?" He asks, his eyes filling with confusion.

"Please be with me on this. If we're ever in a situation, when everyone is in danger, especially our girlfriends, will you help me get them and everyone else out before me?" I ask cautiously. Chase sighs and lowers his voice to a whisper.

"I would put Celeste's life before mine any day, so yeah, I'll help you when the time comes. But don't you dare go and sacrifice yourself before me, because I will kill you," he says. I laugh a little and lower my voice to a whisper. 

"When I tap you on the wrist twice, in the situation, do whatever it takes to kill our enemy, and if it's too complicated, just get the others out, okay?" I say. Chase nods and in that second the girls burst in, laughing.

*flashback over*

I tap Chase twice on the wrist, but no one notices.

"Why are you leaving so soon? We saved you for gods sake!" Jacklyn asks, her acting skills perfect.

"I think you know," Celeste growls. Max laughs.

"Were giving you a choice. Join us to destroy the factions, or die," he says. Everyone is silent.

"I guess we just-" Jamie starts but Chase mutters something.

"What?" Max says, a grin spreading across his face.

"I'll join you," he mutters a little louder. It is silent. Everyone is shocked, and Celeste looks about on the verge of breaking down.

"And why is that?" Jared asks, his smile spreading too.

"It's better than being dead," he mutters, walking over to join their side. I feel anger rising up in me, and I want to actually kill him. Something stirs inside of me, and I decide that if Chase won't help me, I'll do it myself. I nudge Annabeth's foot and slightly nod my head backwards. She nods and I pull out my gun, and aim it at Jared's face. He stiffens but I see the glint of silver in his hand-a knife. While he is distracted Annabeth slowly creeps backwards and starts cutting people from their chairs. They stay in the chairs though, to make sure no one notices.