C h a p t e r~S i x t y F o u r

Previsouly on PJD:

"I'm just happy to be with you. My dad told me about an uprising with dauntless and the factionless, and he...the Amity were going to use me as bait to lure you and dauntless to me. So I just...wanted to leave as soon as possible," he says quietly. My hands slip off the steering wheel for a millisecond and we drop quickly, almost causing my stomach to leap out my throat. I grab hold again and see the building approaching quickly.

"I love you Nico, you know that? And we're gonna be perfectly fine," Will says, grabbing my arm. I feel his eyes on me and I can feel the blush creeping into my cheeks. For a second our eyes meet and then Will yells something. But it's is cut off.

Cut off as we crash into the side of the big building.

___________________________

Percy's POV

Annabeth and I walk the halls calling out Nico's name when we hear the crashing noise coming from two floors above us. We share a glance before sprinting up the nearest staircase. As soon as we get to the top my nose is hit with the burning smell of smoke and rubber. Annabeth and I run down the hall until we see the ruckus.

Sprouting from the wall is a hovercraft that Cho told us about. Annabeth and I rush over to the scene, to see in the drivers seat is Nico, his head bleeding furiously and his arms seem to have thrown in front of another figures head before it hit the dash, but the person is unconscious.

Will.

I start pounding on the glass and with the third pound, almost like magic, the glass shatters easily under my hands. Annabeth drags Will out and I drag Nico out. I hold a hand on Nico's forehead to stop the bleeding and I yell for help.

"Annabeth try to wake up Will. Oh gods, what are we going to do? We should've gotten Will, I can't believe we were so stupid to bring Nico and not bring his only happiness with us ohmygods-" I mutter and my voice rises but Annabeth cuts me off.

"Percy shut up and just yell for help, it's going to be okay," Annabeth says sternly, her eyebrows furrowed in concentration as she gently shakes Will's head. I put one hand up in surrender and raise my eyebrows. Suddenly there are footsteps down the hall coming towards us.

I see four people, all who I recognize.

*flashback*

"Hello. My name is Jared Brown. I am a part of the council here outside the fence that helps run the experiment of factions. Along with Max, Jaimie, and Jacklyn. Cho here is assisting us."

We were all seated in front of five people, as they explain how the whole factions is a experiment, and about where we originally  came from if we were Xenos. Places outside the United States. Or at least what is left of it. Obviously Celeste and Chase-who were not present-were from Italy. Me...Greece. At least that's what I am told. Apparently the rest of the world is gone, so the Xenos are rare.

They explained how we needed to stop the fighting and destroy-something. They were cut off by Celeste screaming.

*flashback over*

Running towards us is the council members we met, except Cho. Jared runs towards Nico.

"What the hell happened? And what did he do and who is this?!" Jared demands, furious.