C h a p t e r~F o r t y S e v e n

Previously on PJD:

But Chase and I call each other Italian names. 'Principessa' meaning princess. 'Amore' meaning love. I grab his hand and he pulls me closer to him.

"There's something off about that Percy dude though. Do you think he's..." Chase trails off. I shake my head. He can't be, it's impossible. I was the only one...

"I think he may be. But if he if we need to keep them both safe. No one is safe until all four of us are out. Then we will fix this whole place," I say. "If Percy is xenos like us, no one is safe."

______________________

Frank's POV

I yawn and stretch my arms. I sit up and push the covers off my bed and swing my legs over the side. I check my clock. 7:30 AM. I stand up and get dressed into black pants and a black T-Shirt. I walk out of my room and into Hazel's to kiss her good morning. I see her sheets pulled back but no Hazel. I shrug and yawn, and head down the stairs.

Everyone is in the kitchen but Leo. He must still be sleeping. I walk into the kitchen and everyone greets me with a smile.

"Hey Frank, is Hazel still sleeping? I thought she was an early riser?" Thalia asks. I shake my head no.

"I thought she would be down here with you guys, she wasn't in her room, and the bathrooms doors are all open," I say. I start to worry but clam down. Nothing happened to Hazel, she's probably out for a morning jog or something.

"Well I was the first one up, and I didn't see her leave," Piper says. Suddenly the panic rises inside me. We haven't been safe all year, what's going to change now?

Jason senses my anxiety and pats me on the shoulder.

"Hey, if someone snuck into this house and took her, we would've heard it," he laughs. I try for a smile, but it's plastered across my face like a mask.

"Hey, if it makes you feel better, we can look around the house to see if she's anywhere else," Calypso says. I nod and we all split up, looking through every room. We all meet up back in the kitchen, and my worry starts to build even higher. Then I look through the drawers until I get to the knife drawer. One is missing, the largest one. I tense up.

"Frank, what's wrong?" Piper asks.

"Theres a knife missing from the drawer," I whisper.

"I put all the knives back last night after I made dinner," Jason says. He's the cook in the house. He even made pancakes this morning. I take one off the counter and stuff it in my mouth, worriedly. I also grab a cup of coffee from the counter that Jason made.

"I think maybe now's the time to panic..." Calypso says. I grit my teeth and feel the gun in my pants where I always keep it.

"In case you were wondering where you dear Hazel is, she's right here," a voice says. I whip around pulling out my gun and aiming it at the direction of the voice. There is a cloaked figure standing there, a half-conscious Hazel is its grip. Hazel looks a sickly pale and a mess. Jason rushes forwards only to be blown back by some invisible force, and crash into a wall. Piper rushes to his aid and he groans, rubbing his back and getting up again.

"In order to get her back, you need to do one little thing for me," the voice says. I can't tell whether it's a boy or girl.

"What, just give her back," I growl. The figure clicks it tongue and wags it's finger.

"Just tell me where Percy Jackson is," the figure says. Everyone gulps and the room falls silent.

"He's...dead, along with Annabeth Chase," Thalia says, choking back a sob. Then there is silence. The figure bursts out laughing, a horrible cruel croaky laugh. My ears almost start to hurt.

"You all...you all are so...stupid!" The figure laughs maniacally. Even though I know they are alive and in factionless, and Leo, Jason and I are the only ones who know that, no one dares say anything.

"Yet, I don't believe all of you are telling me the truth..." the figure says. "Now, I am going to ask each of you where he is. And you are going to answer me truthfully. You know how I know that?" He asks. Everyone shakes their head no, even though I don't mean to...

"Well, if you must know, I snuck some truth serum into the coffee that every one of you had. So you will answer me," the figure laughs. I mutter a curse.

"You, you, and you, who knows where Percy went?" the figure asks, pointing to Piper, Thalia, and Calypso. All of them shake their heads no. The figure sighs and points to Jason and I.

"You two, where did Percy go?" He asks. I hear Jason and I answering the same thing.

"Factionless." All the girls raise their eyebrows.

"You were lying to us?" Piper cries. Then Leo comes rushing down the stairs, a cup of coffee in his hand. He has his own coffee machine in his room.

"You..." the figure points to Leo.

"Can I help you, oh dark idiot who decided to come into our house, when you have no idea who we are-" Leo stops himself when his eyes fall on a barley conscious Hazel.

"What was that?" The figure asks, drawing a knife and putting it on Hazel's arm as she grits her teeth and blood drips down her arm.

"No!" Frank cries. The figure turns towards him.

"No? Then let's see what you friend has for the truth?" The figure growls. He turns to Leo. "Where is Percy Jackson?"

"He got over the fence. They are over the fence. My friends are divergent, they resisted the serum," Leo says. Then he shakes his head. "How did you do that?" He asks in bewilderment. The figure laughs.

"All of you were stupid enough to drink truth serum coffee. I must go now, goodbye friends of the xenos," the figure runs and jumps out the open window. Hazel collapses onto the ground and I rush to her side.

"Piper and Calypso go get her into her bed and make her something to eat," I order. The do, and I spin on Leo. He is putting his coffee on the counter. Everyone let stares at him.

"What, you guys thought I wasn't listening in? What can I say, I'm a great actor!" He says, throwing his arms out like 'tada!' "I made my own coffee. He didn't add anything to it. So I lied."

Everyone gapes at him.

"But....their not over the fence?" I ask. Leo shakes his head no.

"As far as I know, they're safe in factionless," Leo says. Then Piper runs down the stairs towards us.

"Guys," she yells urgently. "Hazel stopped breathing!"

Aw sheit

Sorry guys :(

My mistake

Oops?

-Amber❤️