C h a p t e r~T h r e e

"So your telling me you just got sick?" My mom asks as we pick through our salads. I look up at her, trying to be emotionless. I nod, and quickly looks back down at my salad. I can tell she's frowning, but I slowly eat my salad. The first time I've ever eaten slowly.

"So, what was your result?" She asked me. I stiffened, dropping my fork onto the plate. I wiped my face with my sleeve, and looked her right in the eye.

"I got Abnegation, mom," I said. She sighed.

"I knew this would happen," she said, but I saw a spark of joy and relief in her eyes. Why?

"I'm, I'm tired mom. I need to think about tomorrow so I'm going to bed now, okay?" I say. I start to stand up, and grab my plate and put it into the sink. I scrape the remains off and dump it into the sink.

"But honey," my mom says as I'm finishing cleaning. "Ever since you got back from the test, you have been in your room thinking. You should take a break."

"Your right, I will take a break," I say. She smiles a little. "I'll take a break in my room."

"Ugh," my mom sighs, clearly not understanding that I am the sassy master, sasser of all sassiness. I climb up the spiral stairs and flop onto my bed, hugging my white pillow. I look around my white room, and realize that tomorrow, it will be another color.

________________________________

I look around the giant hall. The factions are divided up into their five groups, and sitting in bleachers, looking down at the choosing table, with the five bowls. Nervousness is stirring inside me. I am sitting among the Candor, knowing that I just don't belong.

Suddenly, the nervousness gets to my head, and I have to go to the bathroom, to get all away from this. I stand up and run down the hall of the big windowed building. I find the men's room, and burst inside, shutting the door behind me and sliding down against the door with a sigh. Then I hear a scream.

"What are you doing in the girls bathroom!?" A girl with honey blond curls who is just below my height and perfect curves wearing an Erudite blue dress has a brush of mascara in her hand, and is looking at me in anger.

She was H O T hot. I stood there staring at her. She was amazing, and looked built for athletic things, something an Erudite never really has. She had amazing gray eyes that were round like an owls, and you got lost in them. I wonder what she thinks about me?

Suddenly, I feel something hot across my cheek, and I gasp and put my hand to my cheek.

She just slapped me. The pretty girl slapped me. 

"Get out this is the girls bathroom! What are you doing?" She yells, and opens the door shoving me out. I scramble and run out the door. I stop in the middle of the hallway and smile. Who was she?

I gather myself together, and sit down on a bench, waiting for her. Suddenly, after ten minutes, I see her. She comes out, as beautiful as before. I stand up.

"What are you doing here, loud mouth?" She asks stiffly. I smirk.

"I was looking for you," I start nervously. "Anyway, sorry about running in on you it's just...I'm really nervous in all, I don't know what to choose because..." I trail off, remembering what Reyna said. Don't tell anyone!

"Yeah, I get what you mean," she says, her tone softening. "It's hard considering..." she trails off too. Is it possible she's divergent too? We stand there awkwardly. I put my handover my stain on my sleeve. I'm still wearing the same shirt. I got home this morning so nervous and I had slept in my clothes and kept them on. I read a small tag on the front of her dress, and it reads "Annabeth".