C h a p t e r~T w e n t y T h r e e

Previously on PJD:

I stumble back, looking at the two dead criminals. Annabeth and I grab hands and flee, leaving them. We run into the compound and run to a waking Ethan. He is about to strangle me when Annabeth tells him that Luke and Rachel are dead. He runs after us, as we lead him to where they lay, the gun in Rachel's hand, the bullet in her forehead.

Soon a crowd has gathered.

"Move out of the way-what happened?" Yells Chelsi, the basic head leader of dauntless. Rachel was an old friend to her. She kneels over her, and Annabeth explains about the 'lord' Rachel was taking orders from, and Chelsi just shakes her head.

"That bull, someone find out the mystery we need our best dauntless detectives! Check the cameras! Everything!" She screams and runs off. Rachel and Luke are carried away.

I grab Annabeths hand again and we run back to the compound where we immediately check on Jason and Piper, who are both in the infirmary, Jason holding Piper's hand as she lies sleeping with a cast around her leg.

We head to the bunker after and immediately fall asleep, until everyone gets back and we wonder, where the hell is Leo?

_______________________

Leo's POV

Two weeks. Two weeks I've been in Calypso's small factionless house.

*flashback*

"You really don't remember me, Valdez?" Calypso says, rolling her eyes as she sat on the edge of the couch I was sitting on.

"Um...you name sounds familiar but..." I start, but she just groans.

"Whatever. I didn't pass the first step of initiation, so they sent all of us to factionless, but Ethan hated me. He told my uncle, leader of Amity, to send me here. Exiled from the rest of the factions and factionless. A couple times some boys would stumble across this place, but had to leave because those arrogant dumb jerks-" she cuts her self off and takes a deep breath. "And then you showed up." She makes a gagging noise in the back of her throat.

"Woah there sunshine, don't choke on my hotness, there's enough to go around," I smirk.

*flashback over*

Over the weeks, we've had our fights, Calypso obviously too dazzled by my snazzyiness, hotness, and much more.

But I can tell she likes me now.

"VALDEZ GET YOUR SKINNY ASS IN THE KITCHEN AND HELP ME MAKE SOUP!"

Told ya.

"No need to rush me sunshine, my sexiness takes time!" I call out, finishing up my build. I was attempting to make a flying raft to get us out of here. Her house is surrounded by towering walls that were pure metal with no hold to climb out of, but somehow her food and water supplies kept turning back up in her cupboards.

I hear her groan, but feel her smile radiating throughout the area, making me grin. I walk in and start helping her prepare.

"Valdez, I have a question for you," Calypso says, her face turning serious as she puts down her stuff and turns to me, looking in my eyes. "Do you want to leave, or are you going to stay?" She asks. She has no expression, as though she's trying to hide something.

"What, you don't want Mr. Mcshizzle to leave?" I grin. She doesn't roll her eyes, or do anything at all.

"Leo, I'm serious," she says. You can tell she's serious when she says Leo instead of Valdez.

"Okay Sunshine, I am too," I say, trying to hide my grin, but my straight face keeps wavering, which causes Calypso to start laughing and tears to spring to her eyes. She just hugs me, and I pull away.

"What?" She asks, a look of hurt spreading across her face.

I look into her eyes and pull her into a kiss. I feel her flinch with surprise, but then we kiss. But then we're interrupted by the sound of a helicopter that's we've rarely heard.

"Calypso, your going back to dauntless," a voice yells from somewhere up in the sky. Calypso pulls away from me and stares me in the eye, and then she jumps in excitement. She runs outside and I follow her.

"Wait! Mr Hotstuff isn't as fast as you Sunshine!" I call as she's out the door. She just laughs and rollls her eyes. I grab her hand and we look up as the helicopter descends on us.