C h a p t e r~T h i r t y N i n e

Previously on PJD:

"Not exactly. Most of them hate me. But they will do anything to help me because all of them owe my mother for something she has done for them," he explains.

"So...were moving to factionless now? Forever?" Annabeth asks, sighing.

"As long is your safe, I'll do anything Wise Girl," Percy mutters and kisses her neck gently. She smiles.

"I'll take them. You guys get to bed so no one finds out what you've done," Leo says to Frank and I. We nod and get to bed, watching them leave silently.

____________________________

Percy's POV

We run and jump into the train, sitting in the cart silently.

"So Annabeth, what's you story?" Leo asks. Annabeth winces, and I realize that she's told me nothing of her past.

"I'd rather not say," she whispers. I wrap and arm around her shoulder and kiss her hand gently. I'll take all the time with her I can get.

"Wise Girl, it's just us. You can say anything," I say. Leo raises his eyebrows when Annabeth nods.

"A long time ago, my mom left my dad, and was proclaimed dead a week later after no one saw her ever again. My dad stayed in Erudite, and got a new wife," she spits out the word wife like poison on her tongue. She bites her lip freezing up.

"It's okay," I whisper pulling her closer to my chest.

"They had two sons, my little brothers. At least thy were loved and cared for perfectly. Anyways, my dad tried to take more time for me, but his sons were just much to important. More than me anyway. So I would spend all of my time reading. And that was my whole life," she sighs. She bites her lip, obviously holding something back. Neither Leo or I pressure her though.

"This is the place," Leo says and we stand up, the wind blowing Annabeth's hair around. She looks beautiful.

"Thank you, Percy," Annabeth says, looking up at me.

"Hm?" I ask.

"For calling me beautiful," she says.

"Oh, I said that out loud?" I ask. She just giggles and kisses me lightly on the cheek.

"Now!" Leo yells and we all jump out running a couple meters. I look around. Homemade buildings made of junk, but well crafted. Tarps and sheets of metal as roofs and walls. Some few half destroyed apartment buildings though.

"Home sweet home," Leo says kicking a can. He leads us through small and quiet-no, silent-streets. There is a couple of rustling in the houses but not much. Finally we get to one floor of intact apartment building, and Leo pushes the doors open. No one is there, but we are in a small lobby with a desk at the end of the room, like a check in area. Leo calmly walks up to the desk and rings a small bell. The sound echos off the walls. Then a voice ring out through some loud speaker of some sort.

"Leo Valdez, what are you in need of today?" The voice asks, sounding commanding yet bored. Annabeth stiffens and a small whimper escapes her mouth. She looks around worriedly.

"Wise Girl what's wrong?" I whisper. She doesn't say anything.

"Miss Athena, I think you need to be present for this. Please, so us all a favor and come down to see your daughter again. Oh, and her boyfriend is here too," Leo says. The intercom crackles and goes quiet. I hear something click and a door slowly opens towards us. A lady with brown hair walks through the door and stares right at Annabeth, looking her up and down.

"Hi, mom," Annabeth whispers.