Chapter 48- You Cry, I Cry, He'll Pay

Chapter 48- You Cry, I Cry, He’ll Pay

He strolled into the hospital with his mannerisms zombie-like. People stared as he passed them in the hallway. Once he arrived to Serronie’s room, he peeked inside. Once Kate saw his face she sighed in relief. She hurriedly gathered her things and rushed to the hallway. Without paying much attention she spoke while rummaging through her purse. “Geez what took you so long?! I thought she was about to wake up at one point! Thank goodness you’re back. I have to skate out, something major came up! See you later”, she said finally finding her car keys. Kate jogged up the hallway, and was out of sight.

Zachary walked to the side of Serronie and watched her while she slept. He thought she looked so innocent and peaceful. No one could tell the hell she’d been through by watching her slumber. He lightly rubbed the curly hair on her head. She moved slightly and snuggled into her pillow. The deep melancholy began to overcome him. He walked to the other side of the hospital bed and climbed beside her. She began to stir, and panicked slightly when her eyes opened. Once she realized it was Zachary next to her, she relaxed. He wrapped his arms around Serronie and squeezed her body tightly.

Serronie scooted up in the bed and Zachary’s head was near the side of her stomach. “Ronnie, talk to me please…” he requested quietly. Her lips remained sealed as her distance gaze ensued. “Serronie, I know-“ his statement was cut short as his voice broke, “I know what he did to you.” He clasped her side snugly and cried. Her catatonic eyes began to fill with tears and he lips quivered. She slowly turned her head to face him. “Yes, Ronnie, I saw it, I saw the whole thing, and I’m so so sorry that I didn’t believe you.” Serronie slid down in the bed and strongly clutched his shirt as she burst out weeping into his shoulder. They held on to each other fervently as they cried. The whole truth was apparent to them both, and it was out in the open.

“I couldn’t tell you, I couldn’t find the words. Everything was so wrong. Losing Linden hurt the worst. I was horrible to you Zachary and I apologize, I should have believed you”, Serronie explained. She found his hands and wrapped it in hers. The swelling set in on his knuckles and she felt it. While glancing down, she noticed his bruised hands and the traces of blood on him. Her chest tightened up, she was scared to ask what happened. He held his head securely to her chest and said, “You’re everything to me. He has to pay up.” She squeezed his hand tightly. “He does. I hope he’s ready for it…….” Serronie said while looking at Zachary. She wiped his tears and held him warmly. They shared a single moment of solace. Peace and normality was soon to be a distant memory.

                                                              Fin.

                                                    To Be Continued…..

*Thanks to all for reading! I hope you loved it all! There will be a Part 2 to this story. But I need some feedback on what you guys would like to happen in the next story! Is there anything you guys didn't understand? Let me know! Let me know the good, the bad, and anything in between. Plus I'd like some people to dedicate my next story to sooooooo, drop me line! And vote for the story if you love it! ;P- LeeBabyRnR

p.s. I've linked the song that goes with this story. "The Waiting One" by All That Remains is how I named the story because it fits perfectly! My story happened before I discovered the song though, so it's a lovely coincidence! So check it out ;D