Chapter 6- Dr. Zack Feel Good

Chapter 6-Dr. Zack Feel Good

Everyone gasped in revulsion. Zachary clutched his right shoulder and groaned loudly. Serronie was curled on the floor in the fetal position squeezing her side in agony. Kate sprinted forward to help Serronie, and Jesse did the same for Zachary. “Oh mercy, are you okay?” asked Kate urgently. Jesse lifted Zachary’s upper body from the ground. “Wow that had to hurt”, commented Jesse patting him on the back. Zachary grunted to a sitting position and then he noticed Serronie’s major discomfort. He immediately rushed to her side, “Ronnie, Ronnie, how bad are you hurt?” he asked lightly placing his hand on her collarbone to roll her over. “Ugggh, my side, my thigh, it all hurts, I think I strained my leg”, she said gritting her teeth. He reached out to examine her and she squealed, “No no no no no, it hurts, just give me a minute.” He gave her some space but was ready to jump when she said the word, even though his shoulder was throbbing.

Sarah hurried to Zachary and grabbed for him. “I’m so sorry Zack! Frank stepped on my foot really hard, that’s why I screamed!” she explained. “I didn’t! You put your foot under mines and it wasn’t that hard!” yelled Frank defending himself. Kate glowered angrily at Sarah. Zachary nudged Sarah’s hands from his shoulders as he focused on Serronie.

“I should kick you in the face you putz! You did that on purpose!” accused Kate evil-eyeing Sarah. “Down doggy! I said it was an accident”, Sarah said brazenly while shrugging her shoulders. Kate jumped to her feet and advanced in Sarah’s direction. Jesse lunged between the two and restrained Kate. “For your sake, you better hope Serronie’s okay!” Kate shouted over Jesse’s shoulder. Sarah strolled away and commented, “A real dancer is careful at all times, it’s not like I dropped her.”

“I’m sorry Serronie, I didn’t mean to drop you”, apologized Zachary edging closer to Serronie. “I really hope it’s not dislocated”, Serronie mumbled rolling on to her back. Zachary then suggested, “Well I get hurt a lot and early action helps me heal pretty well. Let me feel it and take a look, I know all about dislocations, story of my life”, he joked trying to lighten the mood. He placed his hand on her hip and moved it around in a coarse circle. Serronie held her breath in pain. “Your waistband is in the way. Could I possibly unbutton the side of these sweats so I can be more accurate?” “I don’t care what you do, just please, make it feel better. I don’t want to sit practice out.”

Zachary could feel his friends staring a hole into him as he crawled over Serronie and unsnapped the buttons alongside her grey jogging pants. Serronie threw the back of her left hand over her forehead. It was mostly due to pain, but she also wanted to hide her nerves. She’d been so adamant about keeping reasonable distance from Zachary. And here it is he was a bit undressing her. The opening revealed her soft, shapely, muscular leg. She had on short black tights under her pants that barely linked to the top of her thigh. He snuck a peek at her from under his brow, and traced his eyes back down to her thigh. While raising her shirt to reveal her side, he examined her torso and upper leg. His expression tightened as he spoke to her, “You are bruised something serious.” The deep purple contusions began to stain her golden tinted skin. “Nothing look’s dislocated?” she asked in a strained voice. Zachary studied her body deeper and nothing looked out of place. “Nope, everything looks delic-um-great.” He shut his eyes and shook his head to erase the lascivious things he was thinking about her in that instant.

“Can you bend it?” he asked her. She lifted her head and systematically creased her leg at the knee. “Okay, that’s a good sign. Can you lift it while it’s straight?” Serronie attempted to lift her leg, and after a certain point it trembled and she dropped it. “Grr! Wow that hurt, and equally sucked!” she complained. Zachary sunk his fingertips into her leg and started massaging it. Serronie stared at the ceiling in a daze. Zachary’s current position over her was mind boggling. After about a minute he directed her, “Try to lift it again.” Serronie inched her leg up higher than it went the first time. “It’s better she said, but I can’t lift it all the way by myself”, she explicated.