Chapter 30 of 48- What Zack Says Goes

Chapter 30- What Zack Says Goes

Later that night Serronie called Zachary. “I swear I’ve been sick since you left.” Serronie’s voice hummed through the phone. “Like love sick?” replied Zachary. She sighed, “I don’t know Zack. I thought I could take this but I miss you too much, maybe you’re the cure I need.” He chuckled slightly, “Ronnie, what’s been wrong, you never told me you were feeling ill.” Shifting on the couch uncomfortably she retorted, “I didn’t want you worrying about me, you have a lot on your plate. I’m sickly in the first place, that’s nothing new to you”, she finished with a snigger.  “Aww, she’s love sick, she’s missing the king”, Zachary joked. “Yeah”, she paused to laugh uncomfortably, “I really do miss you too much, I feel like it’s taking a real toll on me.”

He leaned up in his bed to listen more intently. “Well what’s been wrong Ronnie?” She took in a deep breath, “Well everything me and you would eat together, the stuff that I love, it makes me sick now. I think about you so freaking much. Every morning I’m sick, some mornings I just throw up everything. I always want to cry. This never happened when we were together and I saw you all the time. I eat myself into oblivion; I’m probably a fat whale. I’m always stressed,” she paused to sigh. “I only feel peace when I sleep, and that's if I don't dream about you too. I sleep endlessly and still feel restless and drained. That uncomfortable feeling of uncertainty never leaves my stomach, and it makes my stomach turn flips continuously. My color has drained, my period dropped, and I just feel bad all of the time.” A tone of anger rose in his voice, “It almost sounds like you’re…….Serronie! How could you not tell me that you’ve been feeling like that?! What if something is really wrong with you?!” Suddenly he went silent and composed himself. “Ronnie. How long has this been going on?” She spoke timidly, “Since about two weeks after you left. At first I was at terms with everything, and I knew we could work with the distance. Then it all got more and more difficult. Baby, I love you so much, and I feel like I’ll be okay once I get some time with you. Both of us have gotten so busy and we don’t have time for one another like we use to. It’s killing me.” “Well babe, if you feel like that’s the problem, I’ll come see you, hell, I’ll leave right now.” “I have a meeting with my editor, later, and we’ll we going to seminars the rest of this week, she’s really pushing to get my book more progress.” “Okay, that’s fine Ronnie, but I’m buying your plane ticket and you’re coming out here for some time, I don’t care what you have up for this weekend, you have too much going on, and you need to relax and have a change of scenery. Let me take care of you.” Staring at her calendar at all the important dates she had coming up, her stomach dropped, and she tightened her grip on the phone. “Okay baby, I’m clearing off everything. I’ll be there.”

Her week flew, and she packed throughout. When Friday came, she was at the airport bright and early. Serronie convinced Zachary to go about his normal routine, and just have everything set up for her. One of his friends, Brad worked at the airport, so he had the keys to her rental car and Zachary’s apartment. She followed his directions and had no problem getting where she had to go. Once she arrived to his apartment it was empty. While leaving her bags at the front door, she took her shoes off as well.

 The venture began through his place. She admired his spacious three bedroom, two and a half bathroom apartment. She peeked into his bedroom. A smile grew across her lips as she observed the large picture of her hanging over his bed. It wasn't as junky as her expectations held, it was actually quite clean. "He probably cleaned before I got here", she said to herself in amusement. Next she observed his spare bedroom and exercise room. The organization was impressive to her. She closed her eyes and saw his brown eyes staring down at her. Then her nerves began to activate. Her forehead began to sweat, and she fought to keep her breakfast down. The last thing she wanted was for him to get back and find her throwing up in the bathroom. So she went in the kitchen and had a bottle of water, and calmed down. She deeply exhaled and leaned over on the counter. With every moment passing, she knew his arrival was getting closer and closer. She strolled over to the large window that overlooked the city in his living room. The massive church across the way from his complex captured her attention. To her left was an iPod stereo deck. To kill the uncomfortable silence, she turned some music on. "All Around Me" by Flyleaf began to resound through the apartment. Her head began to lightly nod to the beat as she rested her elbows on the window seal.

Time passed in a peaceful manner. Her nervous nausea left and she felt calm and happy. Suddenly, she felt a pair of strong large hands lock around her waist. She whipped around quickly to behold a smiling Zachary standing there. Her arms flew up and locked around his neck. She planted her face in his chest and squeezed him tightly. He clutched her body closely and buried his face in her thicket of hair. "Mercy, mercy, I've missed this", she said. He rocked her in his arms, and ran his hands up and down her sides. "Serronie.......", he said with a pause, he lifted her jacket, looked back over her shoulder and he began squeezing on her hips, and butt, "Wow, um, you've been eating pretty good haven't you?" She put her hands over her face and put her head down, "I know my ass is multiplying, don't rub it in." He took her by the wrists and removed her hands from her face. "Don't be ashamed! You're hot, I love it, more of my Ronnie to love", he finished with a kiss on her lips. "You always know what to say, you little charmer you", she said smiling through their kisses. He pulled her back to look into her eyes. "You don't know how happy I am that you're here, I could barely sleep this week. I couldn't be happier!" he said sporting a broad smile. “I wasn’t expecting you until much later in the day. This is pretty surprising!” she said playing with his fingers. “There was no way I could concentrate knowing that you were here. Soon as Brad texted me, I started wrapping everything up and I flew out of there, I’ll be hearing from my dad later”, he laughed. He stared down at her as she beamed back at him with her gray eyes. “You’re just so….healthy looking, Ronnie. Like really plump. I though depressed people got skinnier.” “Well apparently I’m one of the depressed people that get bigger. I’m always hungry Zack, and then I just sleep because that’s the only relief I get when you’re not around. So I can just sleep my life away to stay sane, and not to mention, I’m always feeling drained.” “Well don’t worry about anything, Zack’s going to take care of his Ronnie”, he said sinking his face into her neck.

They sat down on the couch. He slid down and laid his head in her lap. Serronie marveled over his good looks while stroking his hair. Zachary closed his eyes and held her hand over his face. The two of them sat and easily talked six hours of the day away. The sun shifted in the sky, casting different angles of shadows around the room. They were completely satisfied with doing nothing at all. Serronie cooked a pot of mushroom and potato soup. She ate all of hers, and ended up charming Zachary out of a fraction of his portion

The sun began dimming outside, and grey clouds appeared. “Aww, I think it’s going to rain” whined Serronie peering over the back of the sofa out of the window. Moments later, rain started crashing against the window. She relaxed her back into the cushion and breathed contently. His head was planted snugly in her thighs as he laid on his back staring up at Serronie. “I still can’t believe you’re here”, he said. “I really needed this Zack, I felt like I was losing you for a while”, she stated apprehensively. His eyes flipped open quickly. And he sat erectly while angling to face her. “No Ronnie, I’m not going anywhere, no matter what you think.” Zachary swiftly swept her into his arms and pinned her back down on the sofa. With wide eyes she laughed and said, “Zack! Okay, okay, I believe you!” Then he leaned up and hovered above her, studying her intently with a smile on his face. She tilted her head and spoke slowly, “What are you up to?” He stroked his left hand over the right side of her face and palmed her face gently. “Ronnie….”he whispered as he leaned closer to her face, “Marry me.” Serronie's face went pale.

*Hmmmm, would this qualify as a "cliff hanger"? lol Hope you guys are loving it so far! Thanks for the votes, and the reads guys! I love it so much! I promise to keep stuff interesting, and soon to get spicy.....-sneaky grin- B^D -LeeBabyRnR