Chapter 74 The Road To Recovery and Discovery

Start from the beginning

"You had morning sickness?" Alina asks surprised.

"Of course, most women do, why do you ask like that?"

"Because the first time I got sick Thorin freaked out, like he had never seen that before." Alina tells Dis.

"That is because he never did see me get sick, he was normally working and I usually got sick in the morning before he was awake." Dis informs her.

Alina nods now understanding why Thorin freaked out, suddenly they hear from the other room, "ARE YOU ALRIGHT, MY LOVE?" Thorin yells.

"Yes, Thorin, Alina is fine just a little morning sickness, nothing to worry about." Dis yells back.

Dis helps Alina up, after Alina brushes her teeth, Dis leads her back into the bedroom. Thorin cranes his neck to see his beloved.

"Oh, my Sweetling, come lie down with me and rest." Thorin says holding his hand out.

Alina smiles at Thorin, she takes his hand and gets into bed with him. She scoots closer to him, placing her head on his chest, Thorin kisses the top of her head. Alina smiles at the sound of Thorin's strong heart. Once Alina is settles in bed, Dis goes back to her chair she smiles at the sight of Alina and Thorin snuggling together.

"Now that you two are settled, I have questions that I would like answered. How did you heal Thorin's wounds, Alina? For that matter, why does Mr. Logan have claws and why was his blood so important?"

Thorin and Alina looked at each other, would this be an appropriate time to answer her questions? Thorin gives a slight nod of his head indicating that yes they should explain.

"Alright let me see if I can explain this to you. In my world two types of people, Humans and other beings known as Mutants, Logan and I are Mutants."

"And what exactly is a mutant?" Dis asks

"A Mutant is a being who possesses an extra trait in their blood that is called an X-gene that allows the Mutant to naturally develop superhuman powers and abilities." Alina explains.

Dis gave her a questioning look.

"Basically we are superior to Humans, Elves and Dwarves." Alina tries to simplify, "And we're born with extra abilities that develop later on in our childhood. I have the ability to heal myself and others, I am also know in my world as an elemental meaning I can control earth, air, water, fire, and metal and I can transport myself and others from one place to another in the blink of an eye. It's called being a teleporter. I also, since coming to this world, have developed other gifts. The bone claws you saw are one of the things I have developed since being here, superior senses, and also a feral nature. Logan is also a  Feral Mutant he has advanced healing factor, superior sense of smell, hearing and eyesight, not to mention the claws. Though, they were originally made of bone, now they are covered with a metal called adamantium, the strongest metal of our world.

"And why are they metal?" Dis asks.

"You have to understand something Dis, Mutants are in the minority in our world and because we differ so much from other Humans we are hated, persecuted, experimented on or downright killed, there is even an organization called the Mutant Response Division that hunts our kind down. I was fortunate enough to escape most of that because of who I am, A Stark, but Logan wasn't so fortunate. He was experimented on and they bonded the adamantium to his skeleton, thus making his bone claw into metal.

"Why is it that you escaped such persecution?" Dis asks, sincerely curious.

Alina smiles, "Because who my family is, we are one of the most powerful and wealthiest families in the world, and at the time my family designed weapons for the government. My brother was known as the Merchant of Death, no one goes against Tony Stark, so they left me alone for the most part. I did get caught by the MRD a few times but was let go the minute they discovered who I was, most people are not nearly as fortunate and sometimes I couldn't help them."