chapter 67: Parents

Yulia's Pov:

"So Tori was the reason you had those bruises."

Dad asked as we sat at the kitchen table. Lena had went to visit her sister so I chose that moment to talk to my parents about everything that happened.

"Yeah, while we were in California we ran into her and her girlfriend Haley. I knew how scared the girl was of her because I had been that scared before. I was just lucky enough that I had Lena to give me strength."

I confessed, waiting for the lecture about how I should told them but it never came.

"Yuls, please be more careful with who you trust. people like Tori can get really...dangerous."

My mother stated, taking my hand though I could see worry in her eyes.

"I know Mama. I will. But I think Lena and I will be together for a long while."

"Let's hope. I've never seen you get along with someone so well."

When Lena got home she was in an over energetic mood, humming the tune to some kind of pop song as she put her bag away.

"either your parents weren't assholes or you really enjoyed spending the day with your sister."

I commented, not looking up from my video game.

"my parents saw the rings, they mistook them for engagement rings but they both gave me their blessings. Also my sister wants to come spend the night next friday."

I shrugged at that.

"sure, Katya can come over. You know I won't keep you from your family, Lenka."

I responded as she plopped down beside of me on the bed.

"so what did you do all day?"

She asked just as my avatar died on screen.

"oh, I told my parents all about Tori. I thought they were both going to strangle me when I told them about hiding the antidepressants from you."

I answered as I fell backward onto the bed.

"Yeah well, I could have when you kept being sneaky. Seriously Yuls, there is nothing to be ashamed of."

she responded, turning toward me before adding.

"Remember when we had that huge fight and you were in tears and demanded to know if I was ashamed to be with you and I just stormed off?"

I nodded.

"Yeah, back when we were barely teens. Hard to think we're sixteen now."

I responded.

"Yeah, well I never did answer you. But you want to know my answer?"

She propped herself up then, turning toward me.

"what?"

I asked, only to have the rest of what I was going to say cut off by her kissing me.

"there is nothing that could happen that would make me ashamed to be with you. I love you Yulia. Every flaw and all."

I felt a knot form in my throat at that as she pulled away.

"I love you too....Forever and always."

~fin