chapter 44: Performances

Lena's POV:

I knew something was wrong with Yulia, though I had no idea what. Even after I had shared a house with her for two weeks she still flinched or froze when I tried to hug her or make any attempt at physical contact but whenever I would ask she would get defensive and sometimes even slightly aggressive about it, though she'd always be so apologetic afterward that I couldn't stay mad at her.

This was definitely not the Yulia I knew.

But my biggest worry was the concert, since everyone expecting us to at least touch when Yulia would freeze up just when I would touch her hand.

"Yulia? What's the line up for tonight?"

I asked, walking over to her and looking over her shoulder, being surprised that two of the opening songs were the ones we had just wrote a week before.

"Is this okay?"

She questioned after a while, almost sounding nervous.

Why is she so scared? Surely its not stage fright!

"Yeah, it's fine but why You and I first? Song has some depressing undertones."

I replied, watching as she shifted uncomfortably.

"Because it's true....You give me strength Lena."

"Yulia? What's going on? You've been weird ever since the move. I can't even put my arms around you unless you freeze up?"

I asked for what seemed like the two hundredth time.

"Can it wait until after the show? Please? I don't want to be an emotional wreck on stage."

Yulia answered, causing me to worry.

Just what could make her that upset?

I wondered but wouldn't ask.

"Okay, I won't make you if you don't. I'm just worried is all."

I replied, kissing her cheek before handing her the paper back.

"Are you sure you want to sing loves me not though? Last time you tried you choked up."

Yulia just nodded and then sighed

"Lena, You know I love you more than anything right?"

When she said this I felt a knot form in my throat, cutting out the words I wanted to say so I nodded.

"Then you won't hate me if I do this."

She retorted, smiling playfully before pushing me back onto the bed, straddling me before leaning down to press her lips against mine

"Yulia, you goof."

I managed to say after she pulled away though she just grinned.

"Thank you very much."