chapter 37: Request

Yulia's POV:

"Yulia, this was your dream. You can't say you don't miss it!"

Lena stated, following me through the hall as we headed to our next class. I hated how whiny she sounded but then again, even after all these years I couldn't tell her no....or at least not seriously and not for long.

"Lena, We were thirteen years old. Don't you think things have changed?"

I argued, earning a laugh as she walked backward to face me.

"Come on, I saw the way your eyes lit up before you started crying. You love doing shit like that!"

She retorted, causing me to roll my eyes.

"And I'm going to love seeing you fall on your ass if you keep walking like that. Come on, Let's go to lunch. You said you'd introduce me to some of your friends."

I retorted with a smirk.

"I swear you'll like Anya and Tammy."

She stated, her eyes lighting up in excitement as she grabbed my hand and pulled me along, causing me to almost fall over from the sudden force.

"Whoa! Dammit Lena you're gonna make me fall! I can walk on my own!"

I liked this school a lot better, as no one stared and no one snickered or whispered, at least not in our grade though the younger students gawked as if we had two heads.

"Then hurry up slowpoke!"

Lena quipped, causing me to roll my eyes as I pulled away.

"Okay okay Red, jeez....keep ya panties on I'm coming."

As we neared a table in the cafeteria a girl with short, blue hair stood up, one arm covered in an sleeve of tattoos.

"I thought you got lost or detoured into a closet somewhere."

She told Lena, who blushed and shoved her.

"don't start Anya. This Is Yulia Volkova, that girl that...."

Lena began, causing Anya to smirk.

"That you never got over."

Anya retorted, smirking as she glanced over at me before adding

"Cool jacket."

"Thanks, I like your ink."

"At least you don't have it all over you like Irena."

Lena joked, causing Anya to stick her tongue out at her.

"Because you're miss goody two shoes."

Anya retorted as we sat down.

"No, because I am terrified of needles."

Their bantering went on like that for around ten minutes, with both me and the other girl who I could only assume was Tammy, though she was just listening to the two and shaking her head.

"Was Lena always this crazy?"

She asked me finally, causing me to laugh.

"Well...when she wasn't too shy to speak."

I retorted, earning a glare from Lena who seemed more happy than I had ever seen her.

"Oh you have got to tell me what Lena was like when you two where kids!"

Anya retorted, laughing as Lena rolled her eyes.

"Oh yeah and give you something else to ride my case about."

Lena retorted before glancing over at me and adding

"Told you that you three would get along."