Chapter 24

We sat in my room, Lena listing to my walkman, pausing in mumbling along ever so often to scribble something down on our writing assignment for school the following day. I had slopped something down and just called it done, though she, of course, was being miss perfect as usual.

It seemed to me that everything about her was perfect, including the way that she could get lost in a book for hours, while as I could barely sit still that long.

"You're not done yet?" 

I asked from where I was sitting at my desk, earning a look from her that clearly said for me to leave her alone while she was thinking.

"Not everyone can half ass everything and still pass by some miracle." 

she retorted with a smirk before returning to her homework.

I returned my attention to my computer game, trying to figure out the game.

"Do you mind? Your mumbling is more annoying than them playing the same three tones over and over calling it music." 

Lena stated, calling me out of my thoughts.

"sorry, I'll mute it if it's bothering you."

I retorted, causing her to scoff.

"and then listen to you complain even louder? no thanks, besides that I'm done." 

she retorted as she got up from the bed before turning toward me and adding 

"Come on, let's go do something....It's still a long time until dark."

'