chapter 34: Mistakes

Lena's Pov:

I knew that something was up when yulia came in, eyes red-rimmed and downcast. She didn't have to speak for me to know exactly what she was thinking.

"Yulia, it wasn't your fault."

I stated, taking her hands though she just shook her head, lips trembling.

"It was my idea Lena...all of it. I forced you out, I wanted to enter the battle of bands, I wanted the job....That's why i agreed with your parents for you to stay with them.....I'm not good for you Lena."

She stated and walked out.

I didn't know what to feel, though anger and sadness was two of the emotions that came to mind almost instantly. I could hear the front door slam when Yulia left, though I didn't know what to do.

I lay awake, crying the whole night, unsure of what to do. I knew Yulia had only broken up with me out of guilt but at the same time I could not help but to become increasingly angry as I thought about this.

She had said she would always be there but I guess not. I guess she would turn tail and run like hell when things got a little tough.

It was was three AM when I finally fell asleep, though that did not last long since my phone began to ring.

"What?"

I said into the speaker, hearing some kind of sound, similar to a mix between a sob and cough on the other end before the line went dead.

Glancing at the screen, I saw Yulia's number, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Fuck You Volkova."