chapter 38: blind

Lena's POV:

"Last time we sang this we were dating, Lena."

Yulia groaned as she sank into the chair on stage, causing me to roll my eyes.

"and we were thirteen...and You wrote about sex when you were a virgin. Look.....I know this is awkward but Ivan's is going to be shut down if he doesn't get enough money to pay off the bank. I already spoke with Damen and Steven, they're down with it if you will. Everyone under the age of thirty hangs out at Ivan's now....Like seriously it's the only place in town where everyone sets aside differences...Just do this and stop worrying about what we use to do, we're not children anymore."

I retorted, watching as she rolled her eyes at me.

"Yeah and you got beat up, kicked out, and hit in the chest by a beer bottle over me if I remember correctly."

She retorted.

"Yulia what a bunch of.....of.....fuck boys......did is not your fault."

I retorted, earning a sigh.

"Fine...We'll perform again....But if someone hurts you...."

I didn't let Yulia finish that sentence.

"You better not dare run out on me again Volkova."

I felt a knot form in my throat as I remembered the weeks and months that followed that, how I had prayed for her to call me, write me, anything. I sighed as she glanced over at me, her blue eyes dimming as her brow furrowed.

"Lena..I was a stupid kid then. We might not be together but I said I would protect you and I failed. Now I will be damned if I let anyone hurt you. I think I did enough of that when I disappeared like a idiot."

She stated, her voice soft but still like steel as her eyes searched mine for something, though what I don't know.

I don't know how long we had stayed like that, though Ivan's voice sudden broke us out of our concentration.

"Can you two stop eye fucking please? Seriously..."

I felt my face turn as red as Yulia's looked at his words though he just smirked.

"Why don't you two leave worrying about bills to me and go....hang out. Yulia's been back for two days.....you two need to catch up."