chapter 65: How did we ever

Yulia's pov:

"Thank you all and goodnight!"

Lena called as we came off stage and toward Ivan's van.

"thank god tonight is the last night...my legs are killing me."

I stated, causing Lena to laugh.

"if you wouldn't insist on going on a run at the crack of dawn they wouldn't hurt!"

She retorted.

"Well you two better get use to it because I got a call today, there is a record lable wanting to meet you."

Lena choked on her soda and I could feel my jaw drop.

"wait, really?"

I asked.

"Yeah, it's an international label as well. Pretty sure they saw a video that was posted online and thought you two had talent."

Much later that night we were laying in bed when the words Tori had spoken kept going through my head.

"how did we ever get this far?"

I asked, causing her to chuckle

"Because you're  crazy and stubborn and wouldn't take no for an answer."

I had to laugh at that.

"that's true. Say, why don't we go to the mall tomorrow? We still have some time to kill before we head back home."

I suggested, earning a smirk.

"So I can translate the english you don't know?"

She teased, prompting me to throw the covers up over her head.

"Shut up miss 'I learned english as a child.' not my fault that I'm a slow learner!"

I retorted, causing her to laugh.

"Maybe you'd learn better if you didn't get irritated and throw things?"

She retorted as she pulled the covers off her, though I only turned my back to her.

"Goodnight asshole."

I responded, only to feel her arm wrap around me from behind.

"Goodnight Yulka."

That nickname was new, causing me to at least turn slightly over to look at her.

"Yulka?"

I repeated, causing her to chuckle.

"hey, you mix my first and last names, I can mix yours!"