chapter 46: Caress

Lena's pov:

I lay awake thinking about what Yulia had said as she lay against me, sleeping. We had both fallen asleep on the couch, her curled up half beside of me, half on top of me. I would have woke her to get in bed but she looked so peaceful that I didn't have the heart to, expecailly not after the conversation we had the previous night.

She had been abused by an ex, which would exsplain why she was afraid of sudden movements and touch. She had looked so terrified that I would break it off with her after she told me, though I could never do that...Not over something out of her control.

I don't know how long I lay there, just making circles on her back when she finally groaned and shifted.

"What time is it?"

Her voice was husky from sleep as she sat up, nearly knocking me off the couch in the process.

"No idea. We need to move to a bed though, my back is stiff."

I responded, causing her to snort.

"Your back? My neck is kinked."

She retorted, grinning as she got up, reaching for my hand.

"and I think you are just being an ass."

I responded, letting her pull me to my feet as she laughed.

"Maybe so. You make a good pillow Lena, maybe I should let you be big spoon more often."

I couldn't help but nudge her with my shoulder at that.

"If you knock me off the couch again you can forget it."

She just stuck her tongue out at me at that before pulling me toward a bedroom, one that was decorated in purple.

"And you made fun of my room for being Pink and blue."

I retorted, earning a glare.

"Your room looks like inside a cotton candy machine."

Grabbing a pillow off the bed I wacked her with it.

"And yours looks like the inside of a winery."

I retorted, causing her to start laughing before shoving me back onto the bed and for the first time since she had been back, her eyes were bright with that playful energy that was always present when we were younger.

"Just go to sleep."

She retorted before adding

"We can call a truce for tonight."

When she cuddled back close, putting her arms around me. I turned toward her them, stealing a kiss.

"Tomorrow I'm taking you out....We're going to go on a proper date."

She stated tiredly.

"We'll talk about it tomorrow."

I responded, letting my hand go to her hair in the same manner as I had on the couch.