chapter 58: Ashamed

Lena's pov:

It seemed that ever since Yulia had came back from the doctor that she had been acting weird, or at least weirder than usual. She seemed to be hiding something, disappearing into her bathroom around lunch and coming out only a few minutes later, unable to meet my eyes.  This went on for a week before I began to worry, at least about what she was hiding.

But Yulia herself seemed to be slowly getting back to how she was before she went to the states. She was more outgoing, waking up at the crack of dawn every day to go for a run or if it was raining, to follow workout videos on the Tv downstairs. She also seemed to be pouring her attention into t.A.T.u, instantly reminding me of the times we had spent bickering over names back when we were teens.

However I couldn't help but wonder why she was sneaking outside or in the bathroom at least twice a day, usually after an alarm sounded on her phone.

Was she seeing someone else?

It didn't seem like something Yulia would do but it wouldn't be the first time that I was wrong about someone.

"Lena! I got you something while I was out. Kind of a thank you for the chocolates." Yulia stated, walking into our room and putting a small box on the bed beside me.

"You don't have to pay me back or anything just because I get you something." I retorted, causing her to smirk.

"Actually I do because I have the best girlfriend in the world."

She retorted, kissing me just as her phone went off, that annoying familiar ding come from her phone.

"Oh shit...I totally forgot. Excuse me a minute babe."

She stated before taking her phone and retreating into the bathroom, taking her phone with her.

When she came back she turned her phone off and put it on charge and like all the times before, she was unable to make eye contact.

"Is something wrong?"

I asked, causing her to sigh.

"no. Nothing's wrong. Why would you think that?"

I wanted to confront her about the phone calls and just general weirdness but on the off chance that I was just being a worry wart I wouldn't risk hurting her, however before I could respond Yulia's mother called out from downstairs.

"Yulia, Someone by the name of Natasha wants you on the phone!"

She groaned again and stood up, glancing me an apologetic look.

I couldn't believe it. Had she really been sneaking around?

No sooner had she left I completely broke down.

I had half way packed when Yulia came back into the room, her eyes growing wide.

"Lena....What's wrong? Where are you going?"

She asked.

"Who's Natasha, Yulia? You have been acting weird for weeks and you always get random texts that you answer in the bathroom! If you're seeing someone else just tell me!"

I watched as her exspression fell and she sighed.

"I'm not seeing anyone else Lena. Natasha is my therapist."
she began but I cut her off.

"oh a therapist that texts you?"

She sighed then and grabbed her phone, turning it on.

"I'm on anti depressants Lena. My phone goes off when I am suppose to take them.....least I'd forget. If you don't believe me go look in the cabinet at the bottom of the sink, behind the box of pads. The label says Natasha Barbolin."

Yulia stated, her lips trembling as took my hands into hers.

"I didn't want to tell you I went to a shrink....I didn't want you to think I was crazy or weird or something."

She added.

She sounded near tears herself.

"You should have told me. None of this would have happened. Now I feel like an idiot" I managed to sniffle, causing her to chuckle as she kissed me.

"I'm the idiot. I shouldn't have kept it a secret from you. I should have known it would worry you. Do you forgive me?"

I wanted to say no, just to see the look on her face but her eyes were brimming with unshed tears and she looked so forelorn that I couldn't stay mad at her.

"I forgive you, but only on one condition."

I responded instead, causing her to look surprised for a minute.

"anything."

She replied without even the slightest hesitation.

"No more secrets."