Chapter 59

Chapter 59

Mia's POV

I reluctantly remove my lips from hers after a couple of minutes. I could literally spend all day kissing her, but unfortunately we don't have the time.

"We should probably get downstairs before my parents get suspicious."

"Are you telling me we don't even have time for a quickie?" she asks with a smirk and I roll my eyes.

"Is sex all you ever think about?" I ask and she shrugs her shoulders as she continues to smirk at me.

"When I'm around you... Yeah, pretty much."

I laugh a little as I shake my head before grabbing her hand. "Come on!" I say as I start leading her out of the room. Once I have her out the door I attempt to release her hand from mine as I walk down the stairs, but she just holds on tighter. I turn to look at her and she's giving me one of the most beautiful smiles I've ever seen. I instantly smile back at her and relax my hand in hers as we make our way down the stairs and to the kitchen.

"Your brother kindly offered to help me make lunch," my mom says when we enter the kitchen to see her and Evan preparing the food.

"You know how much I love to cook," Evan says and Avery silently laughs a little.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" she asks and I give her a strange look.

"That's so sweet of you to ask darling," my mother says as she smiles at her. "It would really help if you could chop up the carrots."

"Sure thing!" Avery says while nodding her head before letting go of my hand and walking over to the counter.

I look at her with a raised brow while I go to sit on top of the other side of the counter where my mom is cutting up vegetables for the salad. "Do you even know how to cook?" I ask and I hear her scoff as I eat one of the slices of cucumber my mom is cutting.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"That means I've never once seen you make anything more than a sandwich or re-heat a piece of pizza," I point out and I hear Evan laughing.

"That's because she can't cook. She seriously sucks at it. That's why she always makes me do it," he says and I smirk as I steal some more cucumbers.

"Okay, maybe I can't cook very well, but I'm perfectly capable of chopping up carrots!" she pouts and I silently laugh at how cute she looks.

"At least she's helping," my mom says. "That's more than I can say for you. And stop eating all the cucumbers or there won't be any more for the salad!"

I roll my eyes and steal another one before giving her an angelic smile. "I see no reason why I should help. You already love me, so there's no need for me to kiss your ass," I say and I hear Avery scoffing as my mother glares at me.

"Mia, watch your language! And she's just trying to be helpful."

"That's right!" Avery declares as I roll my eyes again.

"No she's not," I say as I continue eating the cucumbers my mom's cutting. "She's trying to impress you even though I told her there's absolutely no reason for it."

"Mia, seriously stop eating the cucumbers!" my mom scolds and tries to swat my hand away when I reach for another, but I'm too quick. She used to be a lot faster. I hear her sigh as she turns around to look at Avery. "I apologize for my daughter's behavior. She's always been a handful."