Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Mia's POV

"What's with the long face?" Layla asks as I sit down next to her on her couch. "Is your girl still ignoring you?"

I roll my eyes at her referring to Avery as my girl. "She's not my girl! But yeah she is, it's been three weeks now and counting," I sigh.

"You said you talked to her friend last week, and she said to pretty much force her into talking to you. So why haven't you?"

I groan. "It's not that easy! I can't talk to her if I can't get her to be alone with me and she absolutely refuses to do that."

"Ok, then force her to be alone with you!" she says and I just look at her for a second.

"Are you saying I should kidnap her or something?" I ask with a raised brow and she rolls her eyes.

"No, I'm not saying you should kidnap her or anything. I'm just saying to threaten her with detention or something."

I let out a dry laugh. "Oh because threats are so much better!"

"Well seeing as kidnapping is a felony, while threatening a student with detention isn't even a crime. I would say it is a lot better," she says and I groan.

"Don't be a smart ass, and just help me!"

"Can't you even say please? I swear Olivia has better manners," she says and then suddenly sits up like she has an idea. "Why don't you use my kid to get to her? You could pick Olivia up at school and then 'accidently' run into her."

"You want me to ambush her?" I ask and she shrugs her shoulders.

"Pretty much!"

"No!"

"Why not? It's a good plan!" she whines and I look at her in disbelief.

"Because I'm not going to use sneaky and underhanded ways to get her to talk to me!" I tell her.

"Yeah right! Well, how have you been managing so far?" she asks with a raised brow.

"Ugh! I don't know! I don't want to talk about this anymore!" I sigh and we sit in silence for a while.

Maybe Layla is right. I mean, I still don't think threats or ambushing her are the way to go, but everything I've done so far hasn't worked. So I clearly need to find some other way to talk to her. I could just go to her apartment, but I have a feeling that she would most likely slam the door in my face. I really do need to find some way to get her alone with me, but I can't think of a single thing I could do that could make that happen.

"You haven't mentioned Robert in a while, are you two still dating?" I ask Layla, changing the subject and effectively breaking our silence.

"Yeah, he's wonderful!" she says with a big smile.

"Why haven't you said anything?" I ask and she shrugs her shoulders.

"I didn't want to rub my relationship in your face when you're having so many problems with your girl."

"First, for the last time she's not my girl. And secondly, you wouldn't be rubbing it in my face, if you're happy I want to hear about it, okay?" I say and she smiles at me.

"Okay!" she simply says.

"So you're happy with him?"

"Very! I really like him, he's so sweet, smart, and funny. I could talk about him for forever. I definitely see him sticking around for a while," she says with a big smile, making me smile as well. I'm so glad she's happy, she deserves it.