Chapter 45

A/N: I could give you a million and one excuses on why I'm so late, but I won't. I suck. Sorry. I combined two chapters for this update, so I hope the length somewhat makes up for the wait.

Warning: This was roughly edited! :p

Chapter 45

Mia's POV

"Where the hell have you been?" I hear Layla yell at me from the couch the second I enter my apartment.

"What are you doing here?" I ask while putting my stuff on the kitchen counter before joining her on the couch.

"What do you mean what am I doing here? I've been calling your phone since yesterday and you never answered. Then I came here this morning and you weren't here. I was getting really fucking worried about you!"

"Sorry!" I say and she scoffs.

"Sorry? Is that all you have to say?"

"I'm really sorry?" I try again and she just groans.

"How about you tell me where the fuck you were, and why you couldn't just send me one fucking text, so I knew you were alright and not dead in a ditch."

"I'm seriously sorry. I was busy, and I never checked my phone. If I had I would have texted."

"What the fuck were you doing that had you so damn busy?" she asks and I smirk to myself as I think back to last night.

"Avery!" I say simply and she has a confused look on her face.

"What?"

"That's what I was doing. I was at Avery's," I say and her eyes go wide.

"You've been at her apartment since yesterday?" she asks and I give her a small nod.

"Yup!"

"Oh my god!" she squeals, making me cringe away from her.

"You need to stop doing that! One day you are seriously going to render me deaf!" I complain, but she doesn't care, and I know it.

She just ignores my complaint and with a huge smile on her face as she turns her body on the couch to face me. "So you two are finally together?" she asks excitedly.

"No," I say. Her smile fades and she now looks confused again.

"What do you mean no? Did she reject you?" she asks.

"No, she didn't reject me."

"Okay, I'm really fucking confused right now. If she didn't reject you again, then what the hell is happening?" she asks and I sigh.

"I'm not sure, we didn't really talk about it. She wants me like I want her. We both want to be together, and even though we never actually said it, I guess in a way we kind of silently agreed that we are. However, nothing else has changed. She still refuses to give up trying to protect me by not letting me in, and I refuse to give up on her," I finish with a shrug of my shoulders, and she looks at me sadly.

"Don't take this the wrong way, Mia. But what the fuck do you think you're doing?"

I sigh and roll my eyes. "Don't, okay?!"

"What do you mean don't?! You two seriously didn't talk about this at all? Because what you're saying sounds an awful lot like you agreed to be her fuck buddy, and that's it," she scolds and I groan in frustration.

"We did talk, but not much, and this is as far as we got. We both agreed we want to be together, we never said what we are, but I don't care. I decided a while ago that if I had the chance to be with her again, I would take it, and in whatever capacity that might be."