Chapter 11

Authors Note: It seems that I decided to be nice. Enjoy! :)

Chapter 11

I pull up to the school, still smiling. After talking to Mia, I'm suddenly really excited for Friday. I park my car, turn it off and look at the time. Thankfully Liam's school is close to the high school, so I have about fifteen minutes to spare before I have to be in class. When I get out of my car my eyes drift towards the front of the school and I see Shannon waiting for me.

It really sucks that I'm not going to school with my brother anymore now that he's in college. I took a year off school after Liam was born so Evan ended up being a year ahead of me. Technically I'm smart enough to just test out of high school and go straight to college with him, but I don't want too. My life has been abnormal enough as is and high school is one of the few normal things I can still do. So even though I'm going to miss my brother, I'm glad I at least have Shannon with me this year.

"Hey!" I say as I walk up to her and she doesn't respond. All she does is grab my coffee cup out of my hand and takes a drink before I can say anything.

"Gross!" she coughs. "It's cold! You should have told me!" she yells, coughing while shoving the coffee cup back at me.

"I know it's cold! That's why I was going to throw it away. I didn't expect you to rip it out of my hands," I yell back.

"Whatever!" she says rolling her eyes. "Why the hell do you look so damn happy? It can't be just because you're crazy ass likes school," she says, finishing with a yawn.

I roll my eyes at her, but answer anyway. "I ran into Mia earlier."

The second I say it I instantly regret telling her because she squeals so loud it hurts my ears and even causes us to get a few glares from other people. Her squealing is definitely not a sound you want to hear early in the morning... or ever.

"It must be like fate or something! Where did you see her?" she asks.

"At Liam's school," I tell her and my answer must catch her by surprise because her eyes widen a little.

"Wow! And how did that go..." she trails off as we start walking to our first class.

Shannon's seen how people usually react to finding out that I have a son, so she's clearly assuming Mia reacted the same way I originally thought she would. "Actually, it went really well. She seemed a little shocked at first, but she didn't really seem uncomfortable or make an excuse to leave. She actually bent down to his height, introduced herself, and even talked to him," I finish as we enter the classroom and go to sit in the back.

Obviously, my answer takes Shannon by surprise because she just stares at me for a moment, before finally speaking. "I honestly didn't expect you to say that," she says and I just nod agreeing with her. "She must really like you!" she taunts and I groan in response. "So does that mean she still wants to see you Friday?"

"She said she does," I say as a smile returns to my face, which in retrospect probably isn't the best way to respond.

"Aww," She mocks. "Look how happy our little Avery is. You must be really excited for your date!"

"It's not a date! I don't date and you know that," I groan even louder while placing my head on the desk.

It's really too early to deal with her and her crap. I really do like school, but I absolutely hate mornings. I truly believe it would be a good idea for school to start later in the day.

"Whatever you need to tell yourself to cope with the fact you have a date," she says, making me groan again as she starts rambling on and on about what I should wear and do on my 'date'.

She's annoying me so much I just put my headphones in my ears. Luckily she doesn't even notice and I'm able to tune her out, praying the bell will ring soon and she will have to shut up. She's still rambling a few minutes later, but luckily my wish comes true and the bell does ring, forcing her to finally shut up and I relish in the peace.

"Hello class! I'm Ms. Jacobs," I hear a faint feminine voice say over my music, a few minutes later. "I'm just going to take roll really quick," I hear her say.

I sigh and take out my headphones, but refuse to lift my head up from the desk. Shannon has managed to completely exhaust me and kill my mood in the matter of minutes; I would like to say it's a record for her, but it's not.

I know my names going to be towards the top, so I prepare myself to say 'here!' As she runs through the first couple names, I can't help but think how familiar her voice is.

"Avery.... Davis?"

She finally says my name and I lift my head and to say 'Here' only for my eyes to connect with familiar blue ones, and I instantly stiffen because they belong to the beautiful woman I was just talking to probably less than thirty minutes ago.

Shit!!!!

I can tell she's probably thinking the same thing as me. I clearly see shock register on her face, but it vanishes quickly and she manages to compose herself before continuing to take roll.

I take back what I said about being lucky, I'm anything but.

Thankfully though, nobody seems to take notice of our little exchange. It's the first day of school and they are probably too tired to even know where they are right now. I sigh and turn my head to see Shannon staring at me wide eyed.

Fuck! Of course she would notice!

'What the Fuck was that?' I see her mouth to me.

I shake my head slightly and put it back on my desk and close my eyes. This is going to be a long fifty minutes, and to top it off Shannon's not going to leave me alone all day. I seriously can't fucking believe Mia's my teacher! The good mood I had earlier is now completely non-existent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note:

Ohhh, that cliffhanger though.... Huh?! I guess maybe I'm not that nice after all. Do you hate me now? Please don't. :(.

But seriously, how many of you can honestly say you didn't see this coming? Just sayin!

If you decide that you don't hate me, I would really like it if you vote/comment/share/follow, and tell me your thoughts on the chapter.

Next chapter's longer and will be up on Thursday! From here on, I will be posting a new chapter every other day for the foreseeable future.

Thank you for reading! :)