Chapter 52

Chapter 52

I was sleeping wonderfully until I'm suddenly awakened by the ringing of a phone. "You going to get that?" I mumble into Avery's chest and I feel a laugh rumble through it.

"It's not my phone this time," she says, her voice sounding heavy with sleep.

With a sigh, I reluctantly move out of Avery's arms for a moment to look for my phone. I pull my phone out of my purse on the ground and check the caller ID, to see its Layla and I roll my eyes. I should have figured.

I answer the call and curl back up into Avery and she wraps her arms around me. "What?" I say when the call connects.

"Someone sounds cranky! Did I wake you?" she asks and I yawn before responding.

"Yes you did!" I say and I hear her laugh.

"Sorry! It's already past nine-thirty, so I thought you would be awake."

"It's fine. What do you want?" I mumble into the phone, and then let out a soft moan when I feel Avery start to rub my back.

"I want you to roll over and ask your girl if she wants me to bring anything this afternoon."

"What makes you think I'm with her?" I ask and she scoffs.

"When are you not?" she asks and I let out a small laugh.

"Fair enough!" I say into the phone before pulling it away from my ear and lifting my head up to look at Avery. A smile forms on my face when I see her just lying there with her eyes closed and a small smile on her lips as she rubs my back.

"Hey, baby," I say and her smile grows. "Layla wants to know if you want her to bring anything this afternoon."

"No," she says while opening her eyes and looking down at me with a smile on her face. "We got everything we need. Evan went a little overboard with the shopping. All she needs to bring is her kid," she says and I let out a small laugh before putting the phone back up to my ear.

"She says you only need to bring Olivia," I tell her.

"Alright," she says. "And you're sure she was serious about the no presents thing?" she asks.

"That's what she said."

"Okay, if you're sure."

"I am. So is that all you wanted?"

"Well it was, but now I want to ask if I really just heard you calling her baby?" she asks and I sigh.

"So what if I did? Do you have a problem with it?"

"I don't have a problem with it, but you should. You're seriously being an idiot, Mia," she says and I groan. She's still constantly reminding me about this.

"I know! And now's not really the time to talk about it. So if that's all, I'm going to hang up now."

"Wait, don't hang up," she says and I sigh.

"What?"

"I forgot to tell you that Robert isn't coming with me and he may be a little late. He has a few things to take care of at the firm first."

"That's fine. Leave his name with security when you get here then," I tell her.

"Alright, I'll see you later," she says and then hangs up the phone, and with a sigh I lean over Avery to put my phone on her nightstand.

"What did she want?" Avery asks as I cuddle back into her.

"She wanted to double check on your no birthday presents policy," I say and she lets out a small laugh.