Chapter 32

Important A/N: I HIGHLY recommend listening to the song. As well as reading the description in the video on YT. They both send a very important message. Tl;dr version at the end of the chapter.

Chapter 32

Avery's POV

This is seriously fucked up! Mia looks like she's about to die of embarrassment, and Shannon and Evan seem to be finding the whole situation hilarious.

"Liam, honey. Go to your room, get changed out of your uniform and wash up for dinner," I tell him and he nods his head and says okay.

The second he's out of hearing range I turn back to Evan and Shannon. "You two really need to shut the fuck up!" I seethe, and they just roll their eyes in almost perfect synchronization, causing me to groan.

"So, Mia. How would you like to stay for dinner?" Evan suddenly asks, gaining Mia's attention as well as mine. I glare at him and he shrugs his shoulders as Mia lifts up her head.

"Oh no thank you, I really should get..." she starts to say before Shannon interrupts her.

"Oh, but we insist that you stay for dinner," she says and then turns to me. "Avery, tell her she must stay. You know better than to treat your dates this way. After what you just did to her, the least you can do is feed the poor girl some dinner."

Mia groans again and returns her head to her hand while I'm incredibly pissed. "I swear to God, Shannon! I think I might seriously kill you this time!" I fume.

"Eh, I'm not scared! I know you could never actually kill me," she says while shrugging her shoulders.

"Don't be so sure of yourself!" I say and she turns to the hallway with a smile on her face.

"Hey Liam, how would you like it if Mia stayed for dinner?" she asks and I hear Liam cheering in response.

"Well I guess it's settled then!" Shannon says with a devious smile on her face as she heads towards the kitchen, with a chuckling Evan in tow, and Liam trailing behind.

I'm so pissed right now, and I swear if Liam hadn't been in the room, I would have jumped over the couch and strangled Shannon.

"I am so very sorry about this," I say looking at Mia who still has her head in her hands.

"It's fine," Mia mumbles into her hands.

"If it makes you feel any better, I fully intend on killing Shannon later," I say and she lets out a small laugh.

"That does make me feel somewhat better," she says while looking up at me with a small smile. "But I don't think I want you to go to jail."

I let out a small laugh. "I'll just plead insanity, no jury would dare find me guilty. Shannon has had this coming for a long time now," I joke and her beautiful smile grows.

"No, that's quite alright. I don't want both of us to land in jail," she jokes back and it makes me frown when I realize exactly what she just said.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry Mia! I wasn't even thinking about how much shit you could get into for this," I say starting to panic and she just looks at me sympathetically.

"Avery, calm down!" she says while gently placing her hands on either side of my face. "If I didn't want it to happen I wouldn't have let it. So don't worry about it," she says calmly.

"So you don't regret it?" I ask while looking into her beautiful blue eyes.

A smile appears on her face and she lets out a small laugh. "Well, I regret not asking you to take it into your room. But no, I don't regret that it happened," she says and I smile.