Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Avery's POV

I knew that after accusing her of being jealous, Mia was probably going to ignore even more, I really didn't think it would last long though. I figured she would give up soon or at least let up some, but It's been over two weeks now and she's still ignoring me, and even more than I ever thought possible.

She still refuses to talk to me or call on me in class. She's also still refusing to look at me, but she's taken it to new heights. Now, she won't even look in my general direction, and if I get into her line of sight it's as if she's looking right through me; It's as if she's trying to ignore my complete existence.

I figured I probably pissed her off a bit after what I did and said, and I fully expected her to keep ignoring me, she had every right to, but not for this long or to this extent. I realize that it was inappropriate and I really shouldn't have said what I did, but even though what I said was wrong, do I really deserve to feel like I don't even exist to her?! I mean seriously, what I said doesn't justify this treatment.

I feel like she's playing a game with me or something, and it's honestly starting to piss me off.

The bell rings and I don't immediately get up causing Shannon to eye me suspiciously. "You coming?"

"I'll be there soon," I tell her.

"Oh god," she groans. "What are you going to do this time?"

"Shannon, go!" I seethe through closed teeth and she lets out an exaggerated sigh.

"Whatever, just don't make it any worse," she says before finally leaving. I honestly don't think it's possible to make it any worse.

After she and everyone else leaves I shut the door and go to sit on the same desk I did the other week.

"What now, Ms. Davis?" she asks with a sigh, and as expected she doesn't look up from the stack of papers she's working on.

"I just wanted to apologize for everything I said the other week."

"Fine! Now, if that's all Ms. Davis, you can go," she says dryly, still not looking at me. Seriously, how long does she plan to keep doing this shit?!

"No, that's not all! Now that I've apologized are you going to stop ignoring me?" I ask.

"I thought we've been through this, I'm not ignoring you Ms. Davis," she says while looking up at me for the first time in two weeks, but she still refuses to make eye contact.

"That's bullshit, Mia! And you know it!"

"That's Ms. Jacobs to you! And how many times do I have to warn you about your language?"

"Whatever! Can you just stop ignoring me? It's starting to piss me off."

"I'm not ignoring you, and even if I was, why would it piss you off?" she asks with a raised brow.

"You are ignoring me, and its pissing me off because you refuse to even acknowledge my existence." I seethe.

"How can I not be acknowledging your existence? Are you not here right now? And am I not talking to you? I would say this is me acknowledging that you exist," she says matter-of-factly.

"You know what I fucking mean! You don't ever talk to me, and you have been refusing to make eye contact with me ever since the night at the bar. And ever since the other week, you now won't so much as even look in my general direction."