Chapter 60

Chapter 60

Avery's POV

"Avery, hurry up or we will be late. Layla and Robert are probably already at the airport," I hear Mia call from the bedroom as I finish getting ready in the bathroom.

Robert ended up inviting Layla to come along with us, which surprised me because I figured he wouldn't want her anywhere near our family for her own well being. But then again, I invited Mia to come so I definitely couldn't think he was crazy for inviting Layla or I would have to admit I was crazy as well.

... who am I kidding?! We are both clearly certifiably insane. But I guess that's what love does to you; it makes you go against your better instincts and do things you never thought you would, could, or should do.

"Relax, babe! We won't be late," I try and reassure her but I know it won't work.

"How can you expect me to relax when we are going to miss our flight? You said it leaves at 8:00 and it's an hour and a half 'til."

"We have plenty of time. The plane isn't going to leave without us," I say as I walk out of the bathroom and to the closet to get a few things. I hear Mia groan in response as I pass by her and I quietly chuckle.

"No we don't," she says exasperatedly. "I think you are forgetting that we have to check our bags and go through security. We should already be at the airport," she complains. I laugh as I put a few things in my suitcase before zipping it up and grabbing the dress bag containing my evening gown for the party.

"Alright, Im ready."

"Finally!" she says as she is already heading out the door with her suitcase. I laugh as I follow her out the door and to the parking garage where Evan, Shannon, and Liam are already waiting in the car.

><><><><><><><><

"Where are you going? The airport is back that way," Mia says as she turns around in her seat and looks out the rear window.

"I know where the airport is," I say and she scoffs as she sits back normally in her seat.

"You just missed the turn. I don't think you do."

"This is a shortcut."

"Shortcut? You're taking us in the complete opposite direction."

"Relax, I know where I am going," I say with a sigh as I turn onto a private road, and I hear Evan and Shannon softly chuckle in the back seat.

"Avery, this isn't the airport. It's a private air field," Mia says. I laugh as I drive up to the barbed wire fence and roll down my window to talk to the guard.

I hand the guard my ID and he examines it for a moment before smiling at me.

"Welcome, Ms. Davis! Your plane is ready to go when you are. The rest of your party has already arrived," he says as he hands back my ID.

"Thanks," I say as I put my ID away and he opens the gate for us. I drive up to the plane and everyone gets out.

I lean against the hood of the car as I watch Mia stare at the jet with her mouth slightly open. The jet is decently sized and has 'Hamillton Industries' written across the side of it.

"I told you the plane wouldn't leave without us," I say and she finally turns to look at me still a little wide eyed.

"This... this is yours? You have your own private jet?" she says in amazement and I just shrug.