Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Mia's POV

"That really is a shame. I was honestly looking forward to having the opportunity to taste you again," she says with a wink and is out the door before I can fully comprehend what she just said. And when I do my face instantly heats up.

"Ugh!" I groan in sexual frustration and lay my head on my desk. Why the hell did this have to happen?!

I really was starting to like her, despite the fact that all she probably wanted from me was sex. But I was starting to be okay with that because at least I would get to have amazing sex with her again, and now I have absolutely nothing!

This really is just my fucking luck! After four years I was starting to like someone, and felt like I could finally move on. But of course she ends up being my student!

"This is just awesome!" I whimper and close my eyes.

At this moment I'm so glad I don't have a second period class because my head feels like it's spinning out of control. I don't understand how this happened. I mean when I met her I knew she was younger than me that was obvious. I assumed she was at least twenty-one, she was in a club after all and she was drinking. But now I realize that she probably had a fake ID, which explains how she was in there and drinking to begin with. Considering the circumstances I can't really be faulted for just assuming she was at least twenty-one, can I?

Eighteen! I can't believe she's only eighteen. She honestly doesn't look it, and after I ran into her this morning at Olivia's school, I was beginning to think she was even older than twenty-one.

"Shit!" I say sitting up in realization. She has a five year old son! That means she had to have had him when she was at least twelve.

"My god," I whisper to myself before running my hand through my hair.

I figured after meeting her son this morning, that she must have had him at a younger age. But twelve?! I mean, Layla gave birth to Olivia at the age of twenty-one, and I thought that was young. How does something like that even happen?! This explains why she became upset when I mentioned Liam in reference to her age.

Fuck, I'm an idiot! I lay my head on my desk and sit there unmoving for I don't know how long. I just get lost in all the thoughts swimming through my head that I don't even notice time passing until I'm eventually I'm brought back to reality by the ringing of the bell. I sigh while sitting up, and I give myself a moment to compose myself, before going to open the door and greeting my third period class. This is going to be an incredibly long day!

><><><><><><><><><><

As soon as I get home I just throw my purse aside and collapse onto the couch. I'm so glad that Layla was able to pick up Olivia from school. I don't know what I would do if I were to see Avery again today. Why does everything in my life always get so fucked up?

I continue to lay on the couch just staring at the wall, for I don't know how long, when my phone starts to go off. I know it's probably Layla calling to ask me about my day, but I choose to ignore it. I'm in no rush to talk to her, and even if I was, what the hell would I even say to her? My heads still racing with a million different thoughts.

My phone continues to go off about every five minutes, and when it goes off for the fifth time, I decide it's probably time to get up. I search for my purse and just as I pull my phone out when it starts to go off again. And of course Layla's name is displayed on the screen, and I just roll my eyes as I answer the phone.