Chapter 53

Chapter 53

Avery's POV

"What's going on?" Mia asks as she pulls away from me.

"I don't know," I say as I remove my hands from her shirt and sit up on her lap.

I look towards the door as the arguing gets louder. A second later the door flies opens and my blood starts to boil.

"Looks like I really was replaced after all!" Adrianna seethes.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I ask and she looks between me and Mia making me roll my eyes in annoyance.

"I came to see Liam and then I saw Rob and I wanted to make sure you were okay, but it looks like you are more than fine," she says through clenched teeth.

"I'm so sorry, Avery," Shannon says. "I tried to get rid of her, but Liam saw her before I could."

"It's fine Shannon. Go check on Liam please," I say as I move off Mia and she sits up as I move to sit on the edge of the bed. Shannon gives me a quick nod and glares at Adrianna before leaving.

"Why the hell are you doing this to me, Adrianna?" I ask with a sigh and she looks towards Mia again.

"Can we talk alone?" she asks as she glares at Mia and I'm starting to get really pissed.

"She can stay if she wants to stay. She actually has a right to be here unlike you!" I say and I think I can see hurt briefly flash on her face, but I really don't care.

"I'd rather talk to you without the company of your newest fuck buddy!" she says and I lose it.

"Adrianna, don't be a fucking bitch!" I seethe and this time I'm sure I see hurt register on her face.

"Did you seriously just call me a bitch?" she asks.

"Yeah, I did because you're being a fucking bitch!" I say and she suddenly looks very hurt.

"I never thought you of all people would ever call me a bitch," she says quietly.

"And I never thought you of all people would ever hurt me. Looks like things aren't all as they seem," I say and I see more hurt register on her face, causing me to sigh. "I don't want to do this right now. So please just leave," I ask nicely and she suddenly composes herself.

"No, I came here to see Liam," she says and I start losing my patience again. This is so like her.

"I told you that I don't want you to see him. So either you leave willingly or I'll have to remove you by force," I say and see a small smirk form on her face.

"He already saw me, so do you really intend on kicking me out because that's the only way I'm going to leave," she says and she knows she has me.

I sigh as I close my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose. I feel Mia start to rub my back and it instantly relaxes me. I take a deep breath before opening my eyes and looking at Adrianna to see she looks really pissed right now.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask as she continuously glares at Mia, but Mia seems unfazed. She doesn't seem to find Adrianna intimidating at all and I love that. Adrianna can be very intimidating, especially when she's jealous. I've actually seen her make women cry before. So to see that Mia isn't effected by Adrianna at all just makes me love her more.

"You know why," she says and I groan.

"I don't want you back, Ade. If you haven't noticed, I've moved on," I say and she just scoffs.