Chapter 46

Chapter 46

Avery's POV

I woke up sometime in the early morning, judging by the increase in light pouring in from the crack in the curtains. I think I've be lying here for about a half hour, I'm not sure. I would turn over and look at the clock, but I'm still wrapped in Mia's arms, and I really don't want to wake her; it's the last thing I want to do right now. The reason isn't because she looks so peaceful, it's because of what I heard her say last night.

I'm sure she thought I was asleep when she said it, or she probably never would have. But unfortunately for both of us I wasn't. I know I should be happy that she loves me, but I'm honestly not. I knew that she really liked me, and I thought there may be a chance that she did love me or was falling in love with me, but I never actually wanted to know for sure.

I felt like a big enough asshole when I knew she liked me, and now that I know she loves me, I feel like the worst person in the world. I'm hoping and praying that she doesn't wake up any time soon. I don't think I can face her right now, and I have no idea what I would even say to her.

I knew coming into this that I was being selfish; I knew that I was only going to end up hurting her, but that was when I thought she just liked me. Now that I know she loves me it makes what I'm doing a million times worse.
The kind thing to do would be to end this right now, but I feel like an even bigger asshole because I don't want to.

I think I might love her back, and I so badly want to be with her. Over these last few days, being with Mia, I have been the happiest I've been in the longest time. I selfishly don't want to lose this. I want to be with Mia and stay happy, but I also still don't want to let her in.

I know that if I don't do it, I can never stay with her. It's not possible to be with someone and hide so much from them, to never let them in or tell them anything about yourself. I know all this, but I still want to be with her. I have absolutely no idea what to do right now.

I suddenly hear my alarm clock going off and Mia starts moving under me. "Make it stop!" she mumbles, making me let out a small laugh.

"Not a morning person?" I ask and I feel her start to rub her hand up and down my back, causing me to moan in contentment.

"Who is?" she mumbles again.

I let out another small laugh and lift up off her to turn the alarm off, and then turn my head to look at her; when she feels me move back into her arms she opens her eyes and gives me a small smile, which I gladly return. "Morning," I whisper and her smile grows.

"Morning," she whispers back, and I lean over and give her a slow kiss.

"Mmm," she hums when I pull away after a few seconds. "A girl could get used to this," she says. I give her a small smile as I'm suddenly hit with a huge wave of guilt. I'm an awful person.

"Why don't we both call in sick and just stay in bed," I suggest and she lets out a small laugh.

"We have school, Avery," she says and I roll my eyes.

"Hence why we would be calling in sick," I say with a smirk.

"Avery..." she starts to say, but I cut her off by crashing my lips down onto hers.
I deepen the kiss and straddle her hips as my hands run up and down her sides, gaining a deep moan from her.

"Mia..." I whisper when I pull away after a minute.

She just silently stares at me with those mesmerizing blue eyes of hers for a moment. "Avery, we..." she starts to say again, but I interrupt her with another kiss. "You're not going to take no for an answer are you?" she asks and I smirk as I shake my head, causing her to sigh.