Chapter 20

Had time to edit it, so here you go. :)

Chapter 20

I'm 30 minutes late to meet Denise. It took longer than usual to get Liam to bed and Evan hadn't gotten home yet, so I had to wait for him. I just hope that Denise is as patient as Mia and didn't just leave. I walk into the bar and scan the room, and I smile when I find her in the booth we sat at yesterday. She has two beers sitting in front of her and she's messing around on her phone.

"Hey!" I say walking up to her.

She locks her phone, puts it away and looks up at me. "Hey!" she says with a smile as I sit across from her. "I got you that beer," she says while sliding it over to me.

"Thanks!" I say with a smile. "I'm sorry I'm late. It took forever to get Liam to bed and I couldn't leave until my brother got home," I explain and see that she looks a little confused.

"Who's Liam?" she asks curiously and I'm not sure how to respond. I figured Mia would've told her.

"Mia didn't tell you?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"Mia didn't tell me anything about you other than what I told you she did."

"Oh... I just thought she would have," I say a little uncomfortably. I wouldn't have said anything had I known that she didn't know.

"Hey, you don't have to tell me anything you don't want to," she says reassuringly.

I smile at her. "You seem really different than your sister," I point out.

"How so?" she asks with slight amusement.

I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know... Your sister just seems a little pushy, while you seem a little more laidback."

Denise laughs. "Yeah! You do have her pegged alright. My sister can be a real pain in the ass sometimes."

"I can believe that," I say with a small laugh.

"I think she just became a teacher so she could tell people what to do. She loved to boss me around as a kid."

"Ah! She is that kind of sister?" I say while taking a sip of my beer.

"Oh very much so," she says with a laugh. "She is that sister that's constantly telling you what to do and it just ends up pissing you off. Not because she's bossing you around, but because she always ends up being right."

I groan. "Oh god I hate that! It's so annoying, am I right?" I finish with a small laugh.

"Incredibly annoying!" she says smiling and takes a sip of her beer before asking, "So you have a brother, is he your only sibling?" she asks.

"Uh, no. I also have an older half-brother." I tell her.

"What's your relationship like with them?" she asks curiously.

"Um... I don't really have much of a relationship with my half-brother," I say shrugging my shoulders. "But my twin brother Evan is one of my best friends," I say with a smile.

"You're a twin?" she asks, seeming surprised.

"Yeah." I say with a slight laugh.

"So what you're telling me is that there is a male counterpart to your beauty?" she asks with a raised brow.

I laugh. "Yeah. I guess you could say there is."

"Is he single and into women? Cause I have a friend who's looking."

"What makes you so sure she would be interested in him?" I ask with amusement.

She smirks and looks me up and down. "Trust me! If he looks even as half as good as you, she'll definitely be interested."