Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Mia's POV

This week has been complete and utter chaos. Everything that happened on Monday ended up defining my whole week.

No matter how hard I try I can't stop thinking about Avery. Ever since I met her last week I have been incapable of stopping, but after the events that occurred on Monday she has completely consumed my thoughts. She is pretty much the only thing I've been able to think about.

Originally I couldn't stop thinking about her because she just left such a lasting impression, both sexually and in the way she carried herself; now I can't stop thinking about her because she absolutely fascinates me. The Avery I experienced the night I met her, is completely different from the Avery I experienced on Monday.

The Avery that I met at the club was overflowing with confidence and slight arrogance; normally the combination of the two is something I really hate, but on Avery I found it incredibly sexy. However, the Avery I met on Monday was completely different. She still seemed to manage to look quite confident, but nowhere near as confident as she was the night I met her. If anything she appeared to be very guarded.

I'm beginning to think the arrogance and overconfidence she exhibits is all an act. If you look really closely you can see small instances of vulnerability in her. I feel like she tries really hard to keep up this act, but every now and then something trips her up. If you look close enough and fast enough, before she's able to build her walls up again, you can see it; you can see how broken she looks.

I don't even really need to guess, I'm actually quite sure that she must have had a painful life; everything surrounding her son just about proves this to me. On Monday morning when we talked about her son, I noticed that it upset her, I just assumed it was because it made her uncomfortable. But now I'm sure there is a completely different reason as to why.

When Layla brought up the subject of Liam's father, there was a completely clear shift in her attitude. The second it was mentioned she seemed pained and scared. I'm really beginning to think I may know why, I'm just afraid to actually admit it. I want so desperately to think my assumption is wrong, but I have a strong feeling that it's not. I'm starting to think she's been through so much more than I can ever possibly imagine.

I feel like my life is really starting to revolve around Avery, and being around her every day is really not helping me. I absolutely can't avoid her, she's not only always in my thoughts, but in my classroom as well. When she doesn't have me thinking about her emotionally, she has me absolutely craving her sexually.

It seems like whenever I turn around in class I catch her staring at me with pure lust. And every time my eyes make contact with hers I have to force myself to look away. The way her beautiful green eyes glaze over with lust, absolutely has me at her mercy. The way I catch her looking at me, makes me want to just grab her and drag her back to my apartment; it takes pretty much everything in me not to.

The urge to do so had been a million times stronger today. I've been so scatter brained this week, because of her, that I forgot to do my laundry; I ended up being forced to wear something one could deem as not quite appropriate for work. And I swear the way she looked at me today made me instantly wet. She had looked like she wanted to take me right there on my desk.

She had gotten to me so bad that when class ended I practically ran to the bathroom to splash cold water on my face in a failed attempt to calm myself down.

I can't help but think had Avery not ended up being my student, my night would be going drastically different. If she wasn't my student, then right now about now I would be waiting for her to show up at my apartment, but instead I'm on my way to meet my little sister at a bar.