Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The memories have me feeling like I'm about to cry, but I refuse to give, so I push the feelings back down. A month after things ended, I swore I would never cry over her again. It's been two months since I last did and I'm not going to start now.

Shannon really is right though, I can't ever get over her if I don't try and move on. Ever since I moved here I haven't tried in the slightest, despite it being my intention to do so. I think it's time that I try to now.

I scan the room looking for someone to buy a drink for and seeing absolutely no one worth my time. If I'm going to do this, I want to do it right, so I look again. I'm about to give up and go home, I really don't care if it will piss Shannon off. But just when I'm about to turn to leave that's when I spot her, not far from where I'm currently standing.

She is standing alone at a table holding a beer and gently swaying with the music. I don't understand how I could have missed her. Not because she was so close to me, but because she may quite possibly be one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.

She looks to be around twenty-one or twenty-two, but no older. She's about my height, has beautiful shoulder length dirty blonde hair, the most delicious looking lips. And the short black dress she's wearing, my god does it do her body so many favors, it has me practically drooling.

Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Shannon start to walk back over to me. It's obvious that she's mad that I'm still standing where she left me, but when she gets closer, she catches me starring at the beautiful blonde mere feet away from us and smirks.

"Go!" she demands, pushing me, rather hard might I might add, towards the girl.

I stumble, but catch myself and I turn around and scowl at her. She once again seems unfazed, so I sigh and do as she says. I know arguing with her is worthless, so I start to walk towards the girl that now has my undivided attention. And as I'm approaching her I notice that she is even more beautiful than I initially thought.

"Hey!" I say walking up next to her. She turns towards me and I'm met with the most beautiful blue eyes I may have ever seen. "What's a beautiful girl like yourself doing here all alone?" I ask her.

She smirks at me, she clearly knows that I'm trying to pick her up, not that it wasn't already obvious. I catch her slowly looking me up and down, I hope she likes what she sees.

"Nice pick up line," she says sarcastically and I just shrug in response. "And who said I was alone? I'm actually just waiting for a friend. She should be here soon."

It's my turn to smirk. I lean against the table, turning sideways so I can get a better look at her. "Really?" I ask. "Are you actually waiting for a friend or is that just your way of trying to get rid of me?"

"Why can't it be both?" she asks with a raised brow.

"Well, tell me, is this 'friend' you're waiting for, by chance your girlfriend?" I see her smirk again, and I swear when she does that it makes her look ten times sexier.

"Nope, she's just a friend," she answers blatantly.

"Well now, in that case, may I buy you a drink while you wait?" I ask, fully expecting her to say yes.

"She may not be my girlfriend, but that doesn't mean I'm single and wanting to be hit on, now does it? And what makes you think I'm even interested in you, or in any woman for that matter?" she replies, still sporting that sexy smirk on her beautiful face.

"Not once now did you ever say you weren't single. And something tells me that you indeed are, because if you weren't you probably would have said so by now. Though, I admit it is a little hard to believe that someone like you is single, just judging by how absolutely sexy you are," I say as I look her up and down once more. It really is surprising that a girl this beautiful is single.

"You really know how to flatter a girl, don't you?" she asks sarcastically and I shrug.

"Anyway," I continue, ignoring her interruption. "As for how I know that you are indeed into woman. Well, you actually make it quite obvious. It really didn't take me long to figure it out."

"Oh really now? Why don't you enlighten? Tell me why it's so obvious," she presses.

"Alright," I start. "Well for one, when I asked if the person you were meeting was your girlfriend, you didn't seem fazed at all. It was like someone assuming you had a girlfriend was quite the ordinary. Secondly, once again you still haven't denied any of my claims," I say with a shrug.

"And lastly, now listen closely 'cause this is the most important reason..." I trail off making sure I get her attention before continuing. "Ever since I walked over here I keep catching you checking me out. Now usually when I see someone continuously looking at my boobs, I assume they are interested. And honestly I completely understand why they would be," I finish, shrugging my shoulders and taking a sip of my beer.

I smirk slightly, when I see her cheeks turn a light shade of pink, she clearly didn't realize that I caught her checking me out. However, her slight embarrassment is gone just as soon as it appeared. She recovers quickly and places that oh so sexy smirk back on her face.

"Someone seems very sure of themselves now, don't they?" she taunts.

I can't help but let out a small laugh. "Is that a problem?!" I ask rhetorically and she doesn't respond. "Now, seeing as you still have failed to deny me or anything I just said. It makes me even surer that I'm right in my assumptions; it also seems as though your 'friend' is a no show. So, why don't you let me buy you that drink and we can either get to know each other, dance, or we could just all together get out of here and find some other way to entertain ourselves. What do you say? It's your choice," I finish, leaning closer to here. So close that even the slightest movement from either one of us would have my lips pressed against hers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote/comment so I know what you think. :)

Thanks for reading!