17

"Amen" everybody said in union.

It was Sunday and Mama decided everyone had to come over and eat with her. Audrey hadn't seen her since Mahz and her started going on dates and she was down her back trying to figure out why. Audrey just didn't like the fact that she was hiding stuff from her. She went from telling her everything to being secretive with her son.

"Can you pass me the hot sauce" Mahz asked. He was sitting directly across from Audrey and she tried as best as she could to not make eye contact but she could feel his gaze every so often. "Sure" she smiled handing it to him. Keem watched the two with a smirk on his face. They could hide from mama but they couldn't hide from him.

"Akeem it's nice to have you here today" Ma spoke sarcastically giving him a side eye. "Mama I was going to come by anyway" he lied smiling at her.

"He lying" Lucas coughed making me hold back a laugh as keem shot him a bird.

"Snitching ass" he mumbled glaring at lucas not seeing that Sandra had gotten up.

"Ow" he yelped as a hand went across his forehead. One thing about Mama didn't play about cursing in her presence she didn't care about them being grown and they still acted like they didn't know that.

"Y'all still letting her knock y'all into next week couldn't be me" Their dad joked as he shook his head. "You hush before you be next" She warned glaring at him.

He instantly stuffed his mouth with green beans while looking off.

"Why can't y'all act like my sweet baby Audrey? Sweet, respectable, and kind hearted" she asked making Audrey's cheeks flush. She could hear Mahz fake cough so she stepped on his foot. He didn't even want me to go there with him because she could be honest about EVERYTHING that happened with mama and she would be down his throat quicker than them neck bones he was swallowing.

Audrey glanced at him before diverting her attention elsewhere. "Why didn't you invite India" Lucas questioned. "Why didn't you?" she shot back. She was started to suspect the two had something going on but they insisted on saying they were just close friends. Keem chuckled under his breath again.

Lucas waved her off continuing his meal.

"I remember when I used to have to sneak around with y'all dad" mama randomly stated. " we snuck around for almost 6 months before we were caught"

"I was clapping cheeks and ducking in sheets so I didn't get clapped by her dad next" Mr Davis let out a chuckle as he swallowed a sip of his drink following up what she said.

"Pops chill"
"Ew yo"
"Wtf" The boys all started complaining.

"Aw hush how y'all think y'all got here. Anyways.. things were smooth once we decided to come out and be truthful. Peaceful even" Sandra said looking around the table. Mahz face remained emotionless while Audrey placed a bunch of food in her mouth.

Little did Mahz and Audrey know she had peeped the two had something going on. She suspected it at first but this dinner confirmed it. Her son couldn't keep his eyes off of her and she was doing a horrible job trying to keep her eyes off of him.

"I don't have anyone to sneak around with. My life is pretty boring" Audrey lied stuffing her mouth with yams. She could feel Mahz gaze but didn't turn to look at him knowing he was mugging her as usual.

" I got a girl but I'm not sneaking around with her. Might bring her over later I don't know yet" He spoke as well making Audrey burn a hole in the side of his face. Because she was already here and she didn't confirm being his girl so who tf else could it be?

Lucas coughed making everybody look at him. "Mama I know you like to have sleepovers and shi- and stuff on Sunday dinner nights but I'm staying with homeboy tonight if that's cool with you. I'm taking him somewhere tomorrow morning and decided to just be there already"