30

"Can I get you anything else Mr. Grenis?" Audrey asked her patient after adjusting his pillow and his window shades. She observed the man who was in his late 50's. His facial expression let her know that he didn't approve of her being the person who was in his room taking care of him. He waved her off making her force a smile. "Ok then" she spoke before walking out.

"Rude" she mumbled. She glanced at her Apple Watch noticing it almost time for her lunch. She had been feening to talk to her man since she clocked in. They had spent all morning together and he had her in every position you could think of every other minute. She smiled at the thought as the memories flashed in her mind. Chile that man had a problem fixer on him. She never came to work in a great mood but after this morning it was necessary. 

"Girl they talking about your man took yo ring back" Olivia spoke interrupting her thoughts as she updated her patient chart. Here she go being messy. "It was cutting through my gloves so I chose not to wear it"

"That ain't what they saying" Olivia responded smirking.

" Fuck everybody always in my business for. I don't see a ring on any of the bitches around here fingers?" She shot back giving olivia's finger a glance. She was beyond fed up working at this hospital and was excited that her classes start in two weeks. Her days of being a Cna was coming to an end and she was going to miss the job itself but not the people.

"A ring means nothing plus I don't need one. Marriage is just a piece of paper anyway"

Audrey held a laugh in as she made her way towards the break room. As if anybody would marry her ass anyway. The whole city had been through that pussy. Olivia was easy and she knew it. That's why she kept her man away from her job. She'd hate to have to strangle the bitch for trying Mahz.

"Ok girl"

Making her way to the break room she pulled her phone out before FT'ing her man. Her face frowned as he didn't pick up. He knew what time her lunch was so the fact that he wasn't answering the phone was irritating her. She just wanted to see his face even if it was for 1 second.

"Mahzier don't piss me off" she mumbled calling him again just to receive the same response. Declined

"So I have news" Alice spoke sitting besides her placing her food down. Audrey flipped her phone over before looking at her with her brow raised. "Please don't tell me you're quitting. You are aren't you?" She asked in a scared tone. She was the only person she liked around here.

"I'm pregnant with my third" she laughed pulling out an ultrasound.

"Oh look at the little beannnn" Audrey gushed viewing the pictures. "Congratulations girl!"

"But to answer your other question I am quitting. Not right now but in about two months" Alice lightly spoke not wanting to be overheard. "My husband is getting transferred so my time here is about up"

"Ugh don't leave me with Olivia" Audrey whined while rolling her eyes.

"I don't want to but with three kids he thinks it best if he takes the job offer where he earns more money" Just as she said that Olivia walked in. "Somebody out there crying asking for you"

"Who?"

She shrugged her shoulders making Audrey get up in confusion. "Hold that thought Alice" Walking around the corner she could see Mari with a face full of tears. "Mari what's wrong?" She frantically asked while simultaneously touching her belly. "is the baby ok?"

"Come on" she rushed pulling her arm and leading her to the emergency department of the hospital. Her face furrowed as she heard a bunch of commotion and seen everyone upon entering. Mahz was pacing back and forth with a look she's never seen on his face while Akeem was snapping and Lucas was sitting with his head down being consoled by India.