24

"Audrey can you please hurry up we been in here for a hour" Mari commented watching her cousin scan the shelf of clothes for the 30th time. She had grabbed bottles, a car seat and tons of clothes. Mahz had left her four stacks in her living room that night he left. She of course purchased a new phone and changed her number and used the rest to shop. She waved her off before deciding she didn't see anything she liked for her niece or nephew.

"Girl I could have shopped for my baby by myself you got in MY car" Audrey slightly mumbled moving on to a new section. "I'm only 16 weeks girl we got plenty of time to shop and we don't even know the gender you worse than keem"

"Which is why I'm shopping gender neutral"

"For stuff we don't need yet"

Audrey ignored her while placing things into her cart. If she had a problem with her shopping she could have stayed home because she didn't invite her. She made it her business to buy some type of gender neutral clothing and stock up on diapers weekly. Despite what he or she grouchy mama thought her baby was going to be set.

"Bitch look" Mari said repeatedly tapping her. She looked up into the direction she was nodding her head and saw Akeem's first babymother and his daughter looking at clothes.

"She know about you?"

Mari shook her head no. "We haven't said anything because he's supposed to be getting Ava again next weekend and he ain't trying to piss her off or she'll change her mind"

Audrey nodded her head somewhat understanding.

"That's some bitter ass shit" she mumbled. The pair continued to walk down the aisle as the girl talked loudly on the phone. "She don't think it's bitter. She said he a deadbeat honey"

"Mommy that's Mar" the little girl pointed at Mari while smiling and waving. Shit.

Mari pretended to not hear her as she started to look through baby clothes with Audrey. "Who is mar?" She heard kiya ask curiously as she ended her call.

"Her mommy look that's daddy friend"

Mari had no choice but to look up shooting a smile. "Hey Ava" She was mentally cursing herself because she knew hell was about to break loose. Audrey raised her eyebrow shooting her cousin a look. Her cousin was pregnant and didn't need any stress so she would turn this store upside down if need be and deal with Akeem later. She was all for him getting his baby but if it wasn't one thing she hated it was a bitter babymama.

Kiya pushed her cart to Audrey and Mari looking them over. "Y'all know Akeem?" She asked with a slight attitude. "We're cool" Mari stated bluntly keeping it brief.

"They be kissing mommy like this" the little girl kissed her hands trying to imitate Mari and Akeem. Audrey stifled a laugh making Mari side eye her. Kids will tell your business so fast.

Mari knew the conversation was about to take a turn as Kiya let out a sarcastic laugh. "So now he bringing his hoes around my baby ok I got something for that"

Audrey put the baby clothes in her hand into the buggy before speaking "His hoes? Girl don't come over here with that weird shit take it up with Akeem"

"Bitch who is you" kiya shot at her. "Girl I'll spit on you gone on" Audrey responded.

"Hoe I know you ain't pregnant?" Kiya asked slightly getting loud as she looked from the buggy to both of their stomachs before stopping at Mari as her little round belly was protruding through her shit. "He got you fucking pregnant" she scoffed in disbelief.

"Let's go" Mari stated while getting irritated. If she wasn't pregnant she would have lost her shit but she also didn't want her to take Ava away from him again. He had just started being able to see her. "Naw let's talk about it you be bold in front of my baby be bold now bitch"

"Yea that'll do it" Audrey spoke walking towards Kiya but was snatched back by a desperate looking Mari. "Audrey let's just go please"

Audrey sucked her teeth slightly bumping Kiya's cart with hers as she walked away. " I'll see you again soon bitch" Kiya yelled as they walked away.

"I don't like that shit Mari fr that bitch in here thinking she can talk to you sideways and shit. Bitter as fuck for no reason" Audrey fussed heading to checkout. "I know Audrey I get it but I want keem to be able to see his child. He's just now being able to see her"

"If that's his fucking child" She mumbled.

"Audrey stop" Mari slightly laughed. "Don't worry that bitch got her day coming. Right now I got to figure out how I'm going to tell Keem that he's not going to be able to see Ava this weekend. He's going to be pissed"

"That ain't your fault Mari and he gone have to see that. It ain't like you introduced yourself Ava did"

Mari laughed thinking back. "She done told all our business all in grown folks business"

        <><><><><><><><><><><>

"Damn you don't have no water, no juice, no milk just fucking alcohol and soda" Audrey fussed rummaging through Akeem's fridge.  "Man where mahz at go look in his shit" keem responded while rolling up. "All in my shit"

"You ain't got shit in here anyway and fuck him idc where he at" Audrey shot back. "Mari baby how you be surviving over here"

"Oh he gone grocery shop tonight or I'm going home" Mari stated coming down the stairs out of breath. "Man fuck y'all I got everything I need to live"

"Dying a slow death" Audrey mumbled before snatching a Pepsi out the fridge. "That big ass head ain't filled with nothing but slick comments" Keem spoke mugging her.

"Y'all always arguing take a nap or something" Mari commented while scrolling on tiktok. The pair acted like siblings who could only get along for five minutes.

"Don't worry I'm about to call Mahzier over here to handle her" keem shrugged knowing it would get under her skin. Audrey took her slide off before tossing it at his head. "Fuck him"

Keem laughed before leaning back on the couch. "Aye man when you gone take that nigga back he been out here wilding. Nigga act like somebody killed his dog"

"he actually stole my dog"

Mari and keem busted out laughing. "Fuck you mean he stole your dog"

"That psycho bought Phoebe for me and stole her when I was at work. Ain't shit funny about that I just got her back" She sucked her teeth as the two laughed harder. She didn't find nothing funny she wanted her puppy back. He was probably showing her to his hoes and stuff. He was trying everything he could to get her to fold.

"While you over there laughing you need to be asking Mari about your babymama"

Keem shot a look at Mari "what you mean?"

"Ava saw me in the store and told Kiya im your friend who be kissing you like" Mari imitated ava making Audrey laugh "so the bitch came over being petty but she saw the baby stuff in the cart and this" she pointed to her belly "so she pissed"

"Fuckkkk man" Keem took a deep breath before groaning.

"I'm sorry keem she-" he cut Mari off by kissing her head " nah this ain't your fault ma that bitch just weird using my baby against me. You ain't do shit wrong"

Audrey smiled before getting up. "Well that's my que to get out of here"

"Yea your big ass nose was taking all the air in here anyway" keem mumbled. Audrey scoffed while shooting a bird at him "you worried about the wrong thing worry about your 30 kids boo"

Keem mugged her as she hugged Mari before leaving.

"Bet I call mahz on her ass"
_______________________________

Filler chapter. I typed this while chasing two toddlers around the house so my bad if it's some mistakes lol.

Anywho we've been introduced to Kiya and little Ava how we feel?