52

"We can sit here All day Ms

        "We can sit here All day Ms.Graham" The detective spoke while eyeing Audrey. She sat paralyzed with fear as she avoided his gaze from the frail chair she had been placed in three hours prior. Her gulp was visible as she swallowed to keep from crying. The frown on the pale white mans face was enough to make her feel like she had done the crime.

She did do the crime.

"Don't say shit" she heard Mahz's voice in her head as the man gaze seemed to get harsher upon her. She toyed with the short square shaped pale pink nails she had gotten done the day prior thinking about how her life would be in prison. Today had started as a normal day and the next thing she knew she was being drug down to the station against her will.

"Let me try" A soft voice spoke. Audrey looked at the tall slender woman who spoke to the harsh man in front of her. They shared a few whispers before the man left and she was now under a softer gaze. Her presence seemed to ease her but she was still terrified nonetheless.

"I'm detective Mora, Can you state your name and birth date for the record?" She asked softly. Her voice was smooth enough to ease Audrey but she could hear the seriousness underneath it.

"A-Audrey Nalia Graham, September 4th, 2003" Audrey spoke quietly.

"Audrey is it?" She started while giving her a small smile. The detective seemed to have a beam of joy in her eye after the response seeing as that was the first time Audrey had spoken since she was taken into the gloomy cold interrogation room.

"Would you like something to eat?" She asked hopefully. Audrey shook her head no. She was sure anything she ate would be thrown back up as soon as it was swallowed. She could barely keep her own saliva down as she swallowed her tears that were threatening to spill every so often.

"We're here to help you Audrey but we can't do that if you don't speak to us" She softly spoke. Audrey looked away knowing she was lying. The detective huffed sensing she was reaching a wall with the young girl that sat across from her.

"What is your relationship to Jasmine Parker?" She continued her gaze slightly fixing itself upon the way Audrey moved. You could tell a lot by the way someone moved during questioning.

"I don't know her"

"We found YOUR dna on her Audrey"

Silence.

" I have a daughter your age. I would be devastated if she was a suspect in a homocide case. Let me help you Audrey" the detective lied. She didn't have a kid her age, in fact she didn't have kids at all. She was only eight years Audrey's senior but she wanted to make her comfortable.

She slid a picture of jasmine across the table.

"What was your relationship to the victim?" She asked again. Audrey eyes felt possessed as they shifted to the photo of the girl she had murdered in cold blood with a brick.