58

"You can cut the tough act bullshit" the detective sitting across from him snapped

"You can cut the tough act bullshit" the detective sitting across from him snapped. Mahz licked over his bottom lip before tilting his head in amusement. He had been getting under their skin for hours and he hadn't even said anything. This was the third person they'd sent in to talk to him.

If it wasn't for the fact that his wife and child were depending on him he would've been lost his cool.

"Of all the things that I'm wondering about I just have to ask. Do your wife know you're a serial killer?" The man across from his asked as he loosened his tie and tried to appear nonchalant. Mahz could feel his blood boil at the mention of Audrey but held his cool as he just glared at the man.

"Guess I'll introduce myself then. I'm Detective Gregory Miller. I already know of you Mr. Mazhier Davis so no need for the introduction" He joked as he sat the case files in front of him. "We have reasoning to believe you killed Mr. Chevy Taylor and many other innocent people so let's get straight to the point and cut the shit shall we"

He slid over photos of Chevy.

"Are you familiar with this man. Heard through the grapevine that your wife used to date him back in the day. Had a kid and all , rest it's soul. Did she put you up to this? I'd hate for a pretty face like that to be behind bars if you don't talk"

He was taunting him using his wife and he knew it but Mahz never broke his cold stare at the man. In fact he remained in the same position he had been in for the past few hours. Slouched down in the chair slightly to get as comfortable as he could while refusing to say a word.

"I'm trying to h—"

"If you'd excuse me I'd like a word with my client" A feminine voice cut in.

Mahz looked up to see his family's longtime lawyer standing in the room glaring at the detective with a look of distaste evident across her face. Her hand was on her hip impatiently as she watched the man scoff at Mahz and exit the room.

"Get up" she demanded. Mahz did as told knowing she was irritated with him. She often put her job on the line to do the best she could to keep them out of trouble so whenever one of them landed in trouble it rattled her spirit.

He followed her into another room where there was no audio or camera recording. "Whatever you did you didn't do it. Follow my lead and continue not to say shit. Do you understand me?"

"Yea" she raised her eyebrow making him sigh.

"Yes ma'am" he mumbled. Did he forget to mention she didn't play. She had been in the family since before he was born. In reality she could be seen as a distant aunt.

"Wife huh. Did you make her sign a prenup" She asked looking at him.

"I don't need that , her and my child can have everything I got" He spoke honestly. He'd give Audrey every dime he had if that was what she wanted.