25

"You never stick around" Jaz stated with the cover around her watching Mahz buckle his pants.

"I told you I got shit to do"

"Yea but you could at least cuddle with me for a little while. You treat me like a quick fuck." The fuck else do you think you are He thought shaking his head. He didn't degrade women but he was done trying the love shit. It clearly wasn't meant for him.

"Thought we agreed on no strings?" He questioned putting his shoes on. Jaz was a cool lil shorty he met while he was out buying a phone charger one night. He ain't have nothing against her he just wasn't interested and it was starting to seem like she was catching feelings. That was a red flag for him. He had let Audrey go even though he still watched her place or sat outside her job from time to time. He was a single man so he did single things.

"Yea I know no strings and no talking about us to people" she rolled her eyes. " I'm just saying I like affection sometimes Mahz"

"I got you tomorrow ight?"

"Ok don't be lying" she smiled. He walked out before making his way to his Mustang. He was debating on not even coming back. He didn't need no extra bs on his plate. He was already dealing with the outbreak of a war and his mama currently wasn't speaking to him causing additional stress.

Pulling out his phone he called his older brother.

"Aye what we looking like" He spoke into the phone with Lucas.

"Three of the fish you bought died. They wasn't fucking with the food" He spoke in code. Mahz sighed before speaking "damn I just got them. Be there in 10"
He did the dash to make it to his warehouse where he was met by Lucas sitting in the parking lot.

"Yo"

"Man whoever it is ain't letting up bruh. He been knocking niggas on our team off left and right. It got to be a snake on the inside. He hitting spots that he shouldn't know about" Lucas spoke irritated.

"So you know what we got to do. Find out who the snake working for then eliminate the mf" Mahz didn't have time for this. A war meant heat. Heat meant the feds were coming. He moved too smart to have the feds trying to trail him. He couldn't risk a war.

"Nah man we need to find out who it is and hit their shit back"

"Use your brain nigga we don't need a war" this is what he meant when he said Lucas wasn't street smart. He didn't think shit through.

"I got a idea of who it is but I don't want to assume" Lucas spoke sighing. Mahz shook his head waving him off. He already knew who he was thinking of. Pusha.

Pusha was a old head still in the game trying to keep up with them but after that last run in he had settled down. They took out over half of his team and were aiming for him next before he waived the white flag.

"Nah pusha ain't crazy. He do his shit and we do ours" Mahz mumbled while thinking.

"Who else could it be then bruh. Nobody else bold enough to try us"

"Man let's just evaluate our shit first. It can't be nobody at the traps they don't know shit about shipments. They just deal" Mahz stated before walking towards the warehouse. If somebody was a snake it had to be somebody in the warehouse. They knew of all the shipments and upcoming moves.

"Let me handle this. You gone kill everybody and we need answers" Lucas spoke rushing behind stopping Mahz from entering. "So you doubting how I do my job?"

"Nah never that we couldn't do this shit without you. I just feel like I could get more information since I'm more levelheaded right now. If shit ain't going nowhere I'll call you"

Mahz eyed his brother before shrugging. "Them niggas ain't gone talk unless you shoot 'em but ight you got it big bro. Hmu If shit go left"

They dapped each other up before Mahz made his way back to his car as Lucas entered the warehouse. He stared at the building before pulling off. He thought about calling his pops for advice but he had made it clear that once he passed the organization down that was it.

He didn't want to be affiliated in no form even if it was to just give advice. He had completely cleaned up his life and began to cater to his mother. Speaking of his mother he needed to see her.

Mahz changed his route heading to his mother's place. "She better not be on the bs either" he mumbled connecting his phone to the Aux. Audrey had clearly told his mother something and she wasn't having it with him. He couldn't be mad at Audrey because he knew they were close prior to him and he was sure all she had told was the truth.

She could have atleast given him a warning though. His mother wasn't one to play around when she was pissed.

After a thirty minute commute he was pulling up to her home seeing only her car in the driveway. He could see the blinds move as he got his out his car knowing it was her.

"Man ma come on" he complained as he twisted the door knob seeing it was still locked. "You just seen me unlock the door". He stood outside before realizing she wasn't going to unlock it. Pulling out his key he entered and seen her sitting on the couch right by the door.

"Really ma?"

"You got a Key for a reason Mahzier"

"Ma I said I was sorry a million times to you and Audrey I don't know what else to do" He spoke sitting beside her. She rolled her eyes before adjusting her glasses and continued to read her book.

"Damn you'd think she was your child and not me"

He winced as she went across his head with her book. "Don't come in here talking that nonsense watch your mouth" she scolded.  She glanced at his neck and hit him again. The hickey was in plain sight. "Have you lost your mind Mahz!"

"Huh" he asked confused while holding the spot she had hit twice.

"What is that shit in your neck. You gone lose the only good person in your life because you want to lay up with a wanch when stuff gets hard" she fussed. "Go fix yourself so you can atleast look presentable before she gets here.

"Before who gets here?"

"Who else. Just put on a turtle neck or something this is ridiculous"

He shook his head. "Nah I'm good she ain't my problem anymore" he looked off into the distance before kissing his mother's head and standing up "matter of fact I'm bout to head out. I'll swing through again tomorrow"

"So that's it. You not going to fight for her?"

"I'm good" he walked outside just to see Audrey pulling up. As much shit as he had just talked he still didn't want her to see the hickey on his neck so he threw his hoodie on his head just as she was getting out her car.

She started to walk past him so he grabbed her arm. "Damn wassup Audrey"

Her eyes flickered to his lips for a brief second as he licked them. She pulled her arm out of his hold before speaking "Hi mahz"

"How you been?" He asked. Obviously good because seemed to be looking just as good as when she left him. He took notice of her fresh hair due and glowing skin.
"I've been ok and you?"

"I've been better" he shrugged. She offered him a small smile before continuing her trip in the house. He shook his head watching her walk in. It hurt a little but as he stated before. It is what it is. He had done all he could do.

——————————————————————-

Filler chapter.