2

" Mahz can you please be back on time" Kennedy asked with a hint of attitude. Everytime he took her to get a Mani Pedi he came back late or sent someone to pick her up. " Text me when you're almost finished" He spoke before leaning down to kiss her. He ignored the stares of the nosey women who were clearly in their business before walking out.

He made his way out to his blacked out 2023 model Range Rover being sure to watch his surroundings. He not a paranoid type person but you never knew who was watching and who wasn't. He didn't like the whole riding with security close by but as successful as the business was starting to get he knew it was about time to start. He wasn't trying to get caught lacking while doing his daily tasks.

Mahz took the free time to head to his mother's house It was Sunday so she didn't have any clients and what she said the other day was getting to him. He didn't like being viewed as the son who barely came around especially since he was the youngest. Sandra had held on to him as much as she could prior to him moving out.

"Foenem slidin, late night huntin, ain't no sleep out here" He rapped along to lildurk turning up his music as he took a few pulls from his blunt. He couldn't deny that his favorite part of the day wasn't when he was alone just vibing.

" THE FUCK" he yelled slamming on breaks as a dark blue SUV pulled out in front of him. He calmed his nerves as they picked up their speed not wanting him to come close to them. Now if he was to pick up gun and air they back window out he would've been run.

"dumb fuckers act like they don't know how to drive when we get a lil rain man I swear" he mumbled blocking out smoke as he continued his journey to his mother house.

20 minutes later he had finally made it to her place and use his spare key to walk in.

" Ma Dukes" He yelled walking in while kicking off his shoes. He looked around the white decorated space looking for his mom.

" Boy stop yelling in here" His mother said coming from downstairs. His mother was truly beautiful and the definition of black don't crack. She stood at 5'8 with smooth mocha skin not looking a day over 30 with her long curly hair pulled into a low puff in the back of her head. "My son coming to see me without me having to call him? I knew there was a reason for this rain" She said to Lucas his older brother who was trailing behind her as she was heading to the kitchen.

Mahz shook his head knowing his mother was being shady. He was the distant son of the four boys and the youngest though he often came off as the oldest since he was so independent. If we were being real though Akeem who was the oldest was more distant than him. He couldn't remember the last time he saw him here "Ma you know he come around every blue moon" Lucas spoke being petty as he smirked at Mahz.

Mahz ignored his brother before following his mother " im trying to do better ma and-" He was cut off as the side of his head was popped with news paper " Damn " Lucas whispered laughing.

" Don't ever come here being rude to a client Mahz" His mother spoke putting emphasis on ever "Audrey is one of the most sweetest ambitious girls that have come through those double doors. I've never had any problems out of her and here go your wide head ass coming in acting like your rude daddy. you know better" she continued pointing her finger at him while looking over her glasses.

" yes ma'am. I apologize" Mahz responded knowing better than to argue with her. It would be like talking to a brick wall. He just don't see what he did wrong. Shawty was out of line. "Ma be real though. Fighting at a high scale restaurant? then it was mine. Shawty was out of pocket and embarrassed herself" Mahz was pissed. He came out of pocket to fix the shit they had broken and even went as far as getting a referral to his mother once she got out the hospital. He could've have everybody locked up but he didn't deal with the feds.