59

"You have a collect call from Mahz from atlanta penitentiary to accept these charges pres-" Audrey almost broke her finger trying to press one excited to talk to her husband for the first time in a week

"Baby" she spoke choking up as soon as she could hear noise in the background. "Wassup mama" his deep voice spoke immediately. She could hear the smile through his voice triggering her own.

"I miss you so much" she sniffed.

"I miss you too why I'm hearing you been sulking and not feeding lil mama" he jumped straight to it making her suck her teeth. He didn't care he don't play that shit and she know it.

"Boy I'm feeding this big headed ass little boy of yours" she lied. She haven't had a appetite despite them bringing all her cravings. Everything just came back up.

"Little girl and don't lie to me Isaac told me all about that shit. I'ma let him jack yo ass up if you don't pull it together ight?"

"Mhm" she sighed not like that he was fussing at her.

"Audrey"

"Ok yes I hear you. I was just worried that you weren't ok it was hard to enjoy food not knowing if you were eating yourself"

"I'm straight in here ma I'm eating like I'm at a 3 star restaurant can't beat that" he lied. He just wanted her to pull it together for the sake of her and their child.

"Do It taste better than my ass?" she sniffed making him bust out laughing. "Aye yo this shit recorded ma chill"

"My bad bookie you don't eat ass" she lied while grinning. I miss you so much" she sighed feeling herself grow sad again.

"Don't be worried about me Ight. Shit straight over here I'll be home soon mama" His voiced almost cracked but he held it together as he continued. "You promise?" She spoke quietly.

"I'll do my best" he responded not wanting to promise her a lie. "Mah-"

"You have one minute remaining" the automated voice spoke making her breathing halt for a second. She could feel her tears brimming. "It's ok mama calm down I'll call back when I can ok?" Mahz rushed out knowing she was about to cry. "I love you"

"I love you too baby" she cried. They held the phone until the time ran out and Audrey lifted herself from the bed with tears flowing down her eyes. She walked into the bathroom trying to gather herself as much as she could. Glancing into the mirror she dried her face before applying a moisturizer. She brushed out her lash extensions before sighing. As she walked out she felt hard kicks at the bottom of her stomach making her smile.

She'd never forgive herself for putting her unborn under this much stress. She was trying her best but it was just so hard doing it without her lifelong partner , she needed him. She glanced down once her phone started to ring seeing Mama Davis contact photo. She decided not to answer knowing she'd hear the tears in her voice and she didn't want her worrying right now.