29

Mahz stood outside of what was once one of his most prestigious restaurants as firefighters fought to contain the flames and salvage what was left of it. He didn't know how to feel as he watched them speak about how the building was a done deal.

Whoever had burned it was trying to get under his skin and he had a feeling it was the same person who was targeting his workers and shipments. They couldn't get to him through his dirty side of business so they brought it to his legal side knowing it would hurt him more. He was starting to consider it being Pusha like Lucas had mentioned but he hated jumping to conclusions. Pusha didn't even have enough workers to be doing this much damage. Mahz had sent people to stand guard at his other businesses because knew they would be aiming for those next.

"Fuck man" He sighed as two cops walked up to him. He sat down in a nearby chair not wanting to be bothered by them.

"Mr.Davis we just got a few questions for you" The man started. He was taking in Mahz's appearance and couldn't understand how he could own a place like this. "It's my understanding that you own this place?"

"Ya"

"Can you think of anyone who would want to do this to you?"

"Nah" He didn't have time to be conversing with the feds. He could feel the judgment leaking from their pores before they even opened their mouths. He was a black man with Locs and Tattoos. He knew what they were thinking.

"According to the camera footage the people who had done it mostly steered clear of videotaped areas and made sure to be fully covered. No tags were found" The man simply didn't believe this was an attack. Who else would know exactly where the cameras were outside of Mahz?

"That's crazy"

"Look don't take offense but this isn't an insurance scheme is it? It's costing taxpayers money for us to be here if that's the case" He furrowed his eyebrows. It's almost as if they were standing in his face accusing him of burning all his years of hard work down for a check.

"Yo get the fuck out my face" Mahz raised his tone before standing up slightly looking down at the man.

"Boy do-"

Lucas pulled his brother and cut off the officer sensing that the conversation was about to take a turn for the worst. " My bad officer he ain't feeling it today if you'd excuse us". Lucas hated 12 too but making an enemy in one was not the move. If anything he needed one on their side with the way shit was about to get around here.

"Look bro I know you pissed and I know they said some off the wall shit but we can't have a pissed off pig on your tail. We got too much shit to lose"

"You don't think I fucking know that. Take a look around Lucas look at my fucking place of business. This shit deeper than we thought" He snapped getting annoyed with everybody. He had tried to let Lucas handle the situation but clearly he couldn't.

"I'll be calling the shots from this point forward. This shit ends with me".

Lucas nodded knowing it wasn't shit else he could say to stop his youngest brother. When he had his mind set on something that was it. "Stand by out here and let me know if theres any changes" He mumbled before heading to his car. His first stop was to get rid of the snake who was working with whomever was targeting him.

He knew exactly who the snake was. Like he had stated they weren't going to talk unless you shot them but Lucas didn't want to listen. Mahz took the time that Lucas was supposed to be in charge to sit back and observe the way everyone was moving for a week. He knew they'd show their fangs immediately.

He took his time driving to the family home as he was waiting for the sun to go down. He rarely got his hands dirty himself but with shit like this he liked to be the one to handle it. How could you try to get over on someone who made sure you had food in your mouth? The nigga who was supplying you so you can feed your wife and kids?

"Ungrateful ass nigga" He chuckled. He eventually had made it to the house and decided on parking away from the window view. Placing a silencer on his gun he pulled down his ski mask and made his way to Eric's door.

Eric had been a part of the organization for over seven years. Longer than Mahz had been so when he figured it was him it bothered him. He was expecting it to be a rookie or someone who held a lower title. Eric had a hand in almost everything they did.

He picked the lock before entering. He glanced around at the photos that were posting in the house. He hated to take a black man from his kids but all skin folks weren't kin folks. Whistling he made his way the man's bedroom where he was sleeping. Clearing his throat Eric stirred in his sleep. That simply annoyed Mahz because it wasn't even late forreal. 

Mahz hit him with the gun making him fully wake up. "I ain't got all night nigga"

"The fuck?"

"This can go one or two ways" Mahz stated aiming the gun at Eric.

"I got kids here man shit ain't got to be like this"

"I'll kill them mfs too if you don't give me the answer I'm looking for" He wouldn't but Eric didn't know that. What eric did know was that mahz would catch on eventually just not this soon and he wasn't expecting him to be sitting in a chair across from his bed.

"I'll tell you whatever just don't take me from my kids" Mahz nodded while sitting back. He lowered the gun giving him the ok to talk.

"Pusha came through offering me a Mil to give up the drop on your shipments. He made it clear I didn't have a choice and he had way more backup than he did a few years back. I ain't have shit to do with niggas getting knocked off though I'd never put lives at stake" he chuckled. Mahz mentally cursed. Lucas was right. The fat bitch was back. "Look he threatened to kill my wife and mom you know I would've never did that shit if my family wasn't at risk"

"I ain't gone kill ya bruh you valuable"

"Thank you I'll fix this sh-" his words were cut short as Mahz sent a bullet through his head. "Nah I was joking"

He mad his way back to the car before heading to Audrey's place. He pondered his next move during the drive. It seemed like a War was the only way to solve this shit regardless of what he did. His thoughts were cut short as his phone rung.

"Wassup baby"

"Where are you. You said you was coming by" Audrey's soft tone came through the phone easing his nerves. "You miss a nigga already huh" He smirked.

"Ew no" he could hear the smile in her voice.

"Well shit I'll go back home then"

"Your outside?" He hung up and made his way upstairs just as she was opening the door with a wide grin. Her grin fell as she looked at him. "Baby what's wrong why are you bleeding?" She pulled him into the house in worry.

He looked down mentally cursing himself again as splattered blood was on his hoodie. "Stopped by somewhere and had to handle something I'm straight"

"Handle something?" Audrey questioned with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Lil cat fight nun serious" He lied. He never lied but he didn't want to scare her off. She looked at him skeptically before removing his hoodie. "Go shower you got stuff in my room" she mumbled.

She waited until he walked down the hall to glance at the hoodie again. She wasn't dumb. This wasn't from a fight. She knew what came with the life he was living but she didn't expect him to be a cold blooded killer. He couldn't be right?

If he was then she was in too deep to feel some type of way but it would've been nice to know.
________________________________

Think I'm about to shake up the spot. Y'all too quiet for me 🌚