34

TW ⚠️

TW ⚠️

Audrey bounced her leg in the waiting room out of nervousness. Her stomach was in knots as she waited for her name to be called. The air around her felt thick and sterile; tension lingered in her chest as she tried her best to keep herself distracted.

She glanced at the people who were also sitting in the waiting room with her. A mix of hushed whispers and silence filled the room as a storm of emotions brewed within her.

"You ok?" Mari spoke rubbing her cousin's shoulder. Audrey nodded her head unable to speak. She had thought over her decision long and hard and couldn't push herself to cancel the appointment. Even after spending the majority of yesterday with Mahz. She loved him beyond measure but she couldn't keep this baby. It was the best option for her. She wanted to as she hoped they could one day be a family but she knew it was a fairytale. 

"I'll never judge you. You're my sister from another mother and whatever you want to do i'm down for. I'll go against anybody" She whispered gripping Audrey's hand making her slightly smile. She took a deep breath at her words reassuring herself that everything was going to be ok.

"Audrey Campbell" An older lady called making her body run cold. Mari gripped her hand once more before releasing as she stood up. A shiver ran down her spine as she followed behind the woman. Each step was heavy with dread and uncertainty as they made it to the room.

"You can place your things down here" The woman instructed motioning to a chair in the room "Afterwards you can get up on the bed. The tech will be in shortly to give you an ultrasound and we'll go from there ok?" She said reassuring her before exiting the room.

She could feel tears threatening to come out as she placed her hand onto her belly before quickly removing it. She pushed the thoughts of Mahz out of her mind as she looked around the room taking in the scenery. Her wait was short lived as the ultrasound tech entered the room smiling at her.

"Hi my name is Justice and I will be doing your ultrasound. Can you lift your shirt for me?" She asked as she washed her hands and put on gloves. Audrey complied and did as she was told. She didn't want to see the screen so she looked away as the cold gel and wand was placed on her belly. 

"Do you have kids?" Audrey asked the woman as she just needed the distraction.

"I don't. They're not in my life plan right now"

"Mine either" Audrey mumbled making the woman slightly chuckle as she cleaned her belly up.

"Wishing you a speedy recovery" The woman smiled at her. She stepped into the hallway before coming back with A guy. "This is Nurse Covington he'll be leading you to the operation room".

Audrey nodded before sitting up. He helped her off of the bed before leading her to the operation room. "I'm going to step out for a moment so you can get changed into this gown" He handed her a hospital gown before speaking again. "Just knock on the door when you're finished"

Audrey nodded her head and waited until he left the room to slowly get changed into the gown. She wanted to take as long as possible to prolong this. "You're ok Audrey" She mumbled before knocking on the door. As he entered again she went and sat on the operation bed. "Alright boo you scared of needles?"

"How big is it?"

He chuckled before showing her the Iv needle. "It's not bad. I just have to put this in your arm to administer your medication. I can count down if you like" He continued while prepping the stuff. Audrey stretched her arm out before squeezing her eyes shut. She was in fact terrified of needles but she wasn't going to tell him that so a countdown wasn't needed. 

She winced a little feeling the needle but stayed still. "All done. Told you it's not bad" The man smiled. "Well Dr.Ndgau should be in shortly to get you started. Do you need anything?"

"I'm fine"

She controlled her breathing as he left the room. She couldn't wrap her mind around what she was about to do. She continued to tell herself that it was for the best until the doctor entered the room. He gave her the run down of everything that was about to go on before positioning her correctly on the bed.

She winced as she felt the cold metal stir ups touch her.

"God be with me she thought"

-

The car ride was silent as Mari had offered to drive home. She stopped by to pick up Audrey's pain medication and some food for them as her Sister just stayed silent. She tried to talk to her but she just wouldn't say anything.

Pulling up to the Condo Audrey gathered her things before slowly exiting the car and making her way into their home.

As the two entered the house she rushed to her bedroom as the tears began to fall. Mari put her things down before rushing behind her knowing she needed someone. She climbed in the bed pulling her sister into as tight of an embrace that her stomach would allow while holding her as she sobbed into her arms.

"It's ok" She mumbled feeling tears of her own brewing up now. Fucking hormones.

"What did I do Mari. What did I do?" She cried "Fuck man" She yelled.

Mari couldn't do anything but let her get it off her chest. She could feel her heart shatter for Audrey as she watched her spiral over her decision. She knew her cousin wanted Mahz for comfort and it hurt her that she couldn't have him there. 

Minutes later Audrey calmed down and stared into the ceiling as Mari laid beside her doing the same. The pair laid in silence before Mari eventually sighed and sat up.

"Are you hungry?" She questioned knowing it was almost time for her to take her pain medication. 

"No"

Mari sighed before getting up to heat up their food anyway. She made her way back into the room as their food was in the microwave to find a movie to watch. Regardless of how her sister was feeling she wasn't about to let her mope. Hearing the beep from the microwave she got their food before grabbing Audrey's meds and headed back into the room.

"Here eat. You got to take your medicine before you start cramping" She demanded pushing the stuff to her. She reluctantly sat up and began doing as she was told. As they ate their food in silence and watched the movie Audrey finally spoke.

"Were you serious about earlier" She quietly asked.

Mari's face had confusion etched across it before realizing she was talking about what she had told her in the clinic. "I meant every word. I don't care if the entire world turns against you it'll always be us. It has always been us no matter who came and went. I'll never judge you" Mari stated doubling down on her words. "You're my sister. I'll go up against anybody right or wrong"

Audrey smiled at her sister and wiped a stray tear. "I love you so much bitch"

"I love you too now stop crying making my food taste sad and shit"

___________________________________________________________

Well

How we feeling?