Chapter 87

*After the bath*

Daniel and I were all dressed and dry now. I was out on the balcony, and he was inside. I forgot what sleep was. I just wanted to stay here and admire this beauty. I took my phone out and took some pics, a few selfies too. Then I went on IG and made a video. "Hey IG. We finally landed but look at this beautiful view! We're in Paris right now just chillin. I love it & I love y'all! Goodnight!" The video ended and I posted it. "Now, what this boy doin," I said walking in the room. Diggy was sitting on the bed and was on the phone. "Nah, imma do it. I just don't know how to say it to her," he said. He had his back turned towards me so he didn't see me. He was so engaged in his conversation that he didn't even know I was in the room. What is he talking about? Who is he talking about? Who is he talking to? "Dan?" He jumped so high and so fast that it scared me a little. "OH shhhit," he said as he turned to face me. "Uhh, babe," he said a bit shaky. He put the phone back to his ear and said "I'll call you back," and hung up. "Who was that," I asked. "Uh, tha-that was Spin. How long you been in here," he asked. I ignored his question. "That was Spin? So, why'd you jump like that," I asked folding my arms. I wasn't upset. I just wanted to know the reason for that reaction. The truth. "Well, I um...um-" "Diggy, I'm not in the mood to argue with you okay? I wanna enjoy my time here with you but if you're keeping something from me, can you just tell me now," I asked getting annoyed. He stared at me for a few seconds then looked away. "Okay, listen I-" "you aren't sleeping with anyone else are you," I asked regretting that I asked. I really didn't wanna ask that. It just slipped out. I didn't wanna accuse him of anything. Why did I ask that? His head shot up and he stood there staring at me. "So, we're still not passed that huh," he asked looking away, leaving the spot he was standing in. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have as-" "no, I'm not sleeping with anyone else okay," he said sounding a little upset. He still didn't look at me. He was digging in his suitcase. When he got what he wanted, he walked over to the glass door and went out on the balcony. What the hell did I just do? I waited for a minute, then followed him out there. I stood beside. He didn't look at me. He just leaned forward on the balcony looking down at the view. "Dan, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for that to come out. I just-" "Do you just expect me to mess up," he asked as he looked down and played with his fingers. "Noo, no I honestly don't. It just slipped out. I didn't- I'm sorry," I said walking closer to him. He still wouldn't look at me. He didn't sound mad anymore. But he sounded hurt. "I'm sorry," he said lowly. "I hurt you and caused you to not trust me and-" "stop," I interrupted. "Let's not do this please. Let's just drop it. You brought me hear so that we could spend time together, just us. Just relaxation and no interruptions. Let's just do that." I took his hand and turned him around to face me. "I'm sorry I asked you that," I said hugging him. "You know I love you right," he asked hugging me tighter. "Yeah," I replied. "Listen," he said pulling away so that he was holding my hands and looking into my eyes. "I love you more than you'll ever know Lexi. You're my best friend and my lover. I honestly don't know what I would do without you in my life. I need you. You're my oxygen. You keep me going. Just one second of seeing your beautiful smile makes me feel alive. It brightens up my day. Lexi, your my life. I love you more than anything in this world...more than life itself. There's not a day that goes by that I'm not smiling because of you. Whether I'm with you or just thinking of you." He chuckled. "Sometimes Spin, ratchet ass, asks me if I'm crazy when he sees me smile when nothing even happened and I'm like no. I'm just thinking about my girl. You're the girl that makes everything in my life right. Now that I think about it, I should've said yes, I'm crazy. Crazy about you." He had me smiling big. "Lexi, I went four months without you. Everyone said you were dead and part of me believed it but another part of me didn't. Losing you and getting you back made me realize that I never wanna lose you ever, ever again. I could spend my life with you. & that's exactly what I wanna do. Now, I brought you here, not only for relaxation, but to ask you a question." He down on one knee. "Oh my gosh," I whispered. "Lexi, will you do me the honors of becoming my wife," he asked. I froze. "I-um- are you ser- OMG Daniel yes! YES YES YES!" He smiled, put the ring on me, stood up, picked me up and twirled with me. He put me down, looked deeply into my eyes and said "I love you...Mrs. Simmons." I smiled at that. That has a nice ring to it. "I love you more my husband to be." We passionately kissed and he picked me up, brought me inside and put me on the bed. The rest...was history.

Let's not forget, imma need that feedback.