Chapter 69

I left them there and went back inside. I went up to her room where I laid beside her and held her close. I saw the clothes she changed on the bed and picked them up. I had her shirt in my hands. I stared at it as my teardrops fell on it. I fell on the bed and curled up in a ball holding her shirt close to my heart and cried.

Me: Lexi...I can't live without you. You can't be gone. You're not dead. I have to find you.

Then I heard someone call me in a soft tone.

?: Daniel

I turned over and there she was. Lexi was standing there at the door just staring at me.

Me: L-Lexi?

I was so confused. There was no sign of her being hurt. She was perfectly fine. But...how? She was close to the car when it blew up. She went in the car.

Me: how are y- never mind that. You're here now!

I was getting up to go to her when she spoke again.

Lexi: I love you

Me: I love you too baby

Lexi: don't give up

Me:...what?

She kept repeating that. "Don't give up, don't give up." Don't give up on what? As I approached her, she just...disappeared. What the hell just happened?

*Chris P.O.V*

Cop: one phone call! That's it!

Chris: thanks

I took the phone and called my good friend Brandon.

Brandon: hello?

Chris: yo it's Chris

Brandon: Chris? Which number is this?

Chris: I'm locked up man! *laughs*

Brandon: what?!

Chris: yeah, but listen. Everything's good right? You handled it?

Brandon: yup. Everything's taken care of

Chris: good. Imma make Diggy miserable.

Brandon: nigga, how you gone do that in jail?

Chris: well B, that's what your here for. Anyway, I gotta go. The cop's coming back. I'll give you more instructions some other time okay?

Brandon: got you

Chris: iight bye

Brandon: bye

We hung up and the cop took me away to my cell.

Me: I guess it shouldn't be too hard to make new friends here *chuckles*

Cop: shut up & get in

Me: *laughs* okay, okay no need to be so rude

I got in and he locked the cell up.

?: what you in here for?

I sat down and started plotting the next move. I'm about to make Diggy's life a living hell.

Leave feedback.