Love or Fame ~ Chapter 24

Chapter 24

*end of interview*
*@ Lexi's house/rings her bell*

She opened the door.

Me: hey...

L: hey

Me: can we talk? Please?

L: um...Jason's here

Me: ...oh. So...should I come back?

L: well I kinda wanna talk to you too so just come in

Me: are you sure that's a good idea?

L: just come in

J: why's "that" here again

Me: not today Jason

J: so leave

Me: no I need to talk to Lexi

J: well I was here first Diggy. I'm not leaving unless Lexi asks me to.

I looked at Lexi who looked at me then back at Jason.

L: Jason...I have some things I need to say to Diggy too. It's important. Do you think you could come back later? Please?

J:...sure *hugs her* I'll call you later okay?

L: okay. Thank you.

Jason left.

L: so I've been thinking. Obviously, us staying away from each other isn't easy. We're gonna be working with each other sometimes and it won't work out if I'm mad at you and if I can't stand you right? So, I decided that we can talk to each other. I'm trying to let go of what happened. It's hard but I am trying. You've been asking if I can forgive you. Yes. A while ago, you asked if we can at least be friends. Yeah, sure we can be...friends. & That's all I have to say. Your turn.

Me:...ok...so...you wanna be friends?

L:...yeah. Why don't you seem happy about that? It's all you've been begging me for. My friendship. Right?

Me: yeah...sure

L: so what's wrong?

Me: what if I wanted to be more than just friends?

L: *sigh* really Diggy? You're not about to play with my emotions again. I REFUSE to let you hurt me again! I refuse to let anyone hurt me.

Me: Lexi, I'm not tryna hurt you. I don't wanna do that.

L: oh so you wanted to hurt me the last time?

Me: no of course not. I was being stupid. I didn't know what I wanted. Now I do. I know who I want. I want you, Lexi. Did you remember that my interview was today?

L: no I was listening. Do you remember that you told me you like me, kissed me, then just lied to the world about all that? How can I trust you & what you said today. How can I be sure that you didn't just say what you said just to get me to forgive you or maybe for more attention? You probably didn't even mean it.

Me: do you really believe that? Lexi, I wouldn't say what I don't mean.

L: really?! You didn't mean what you said the last time Diggy!

Me: I know that Lexi! I'm sorry! I've said that a million times. I even did what you asked me to do. I'm done lying. Imma keep it 100 w/ you from now on. I promise. Please, just give me a chance. I won't mess this up. I know you don't trust me right now but we can work on that. We can work on everything that I messed up. So please, just give me a chance Lexi.

L:...you promise you'll keep it 100? No more lies? Just the truth?

Me: I promise

L: *hugs me* I forgive you. I wanna be with you too. *kisses me*

Finally, I got Lexi to forgive me. I meant what I said when I said that I'm done lying. I hurt her once and I never wanna hurt her again. This time, I wasn't the one that kissed her. She kissed me and it lasted longer than all the other kisses we've had. I'm just so happy right now.